cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idle users not logged out of BEx Analyzer automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen this question posted several times but none of the answers solve the problem.

If I use the new BEx Analyzer front end (excel -FEP15 patch 1 to be precise), log in and run a query - I can leave my machine for days, come back and continue working without problem. I can launch new queries, refresh old queries. No password required.

If I do the same thing on the same machine using the 3.x front end, after 60 minutes of idle time, I have to log back in. This is what I expect to see.

I have checked several parameters - for example, rdisp/gui_auto_logout is set to 3600.

If I look in SM04, my user is shown as connected the whole time, and is tying up memory.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the update.

Unfortunately this doesnt resolve my issue.

The Sap dialog connection times out but the RFC connection stays and the lock on the cube is held.

We contacted SAP & their answer was to log in every eve before the overnight batch starts and kill outstanding sessions. Very useful. NOT!

regards,

Sean collins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean -

I had another similar question that answered the issue - we have not tried to implement this, but at least there is a way.

REgards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Did you ever get an answer to this question?

We are in the process of implementing IP and Bex Analyzer and have seen the same problem.

Our concern is a user can open a BEX session and create a lock table entry, (SM12), which can cause our overnight batch to fail.

We are considering a program which kills all user sessions before the batch starts @ 21:00, but would prefer the more elegant timeout.

Thanks,

Sean Collins

Edited by: sean collins on Nov 27, 2008 5:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tcode RZ10 set up parameter for - rdisp/gui_auto_logout

some other parameters -

icm/keep_alive_timeout

This parameter refers to the "keep-alive-feature" of HTTP1.1. This means that if within this time interval new data arrives over the network from the partner, the ICM attempts to keep the connection open once it has been established. If, for the existing connection, there is no further communication within the specified time period, the ICM terminates the connection. This avoids having to keep establishing and terminating costly network connections.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas630/helpdata/en/0b/1c7e7abbc311d5993a00508b6b8b11/content.htm

rdisp/plugin_auto_logout

Once the timeout interval has expired the user context in the work process is not closed. The user context is closed only after the time interval specified in the profile parameter rdisp/plugin_auto_logout has expired. If rdisp/plugin_auto_logout = 0 is set, the context in the work process is not deleted at all.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/25/7e153a1a5b4c2de10000000a114084/content.htm

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

I have seen this answer of yours before. But as mentioned in my message, the RDISP/GUI_AUTO_LOGOUT is set to 3600.

RDISP/PLUGIN_AUTO_LOGOUT is set to 3600.

icm/keep_alive_timeout is set to 3600.

I would expect that after 3600 seconds, I would be logged out, but I am not.

Any other ideas?

What is strange is that I actually get the GUI popup saying I have been logged out, but I can still work with the connetion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may wish to write it back to SAP ,opening an OSS message.

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..