cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

We sucessfully installed new PI System on Windows environment and applied ABAP Patches as well...

as we trying to apply the JAVA Patches through the JSPM When i selected SP Stack it says no packages in EPS/in directory..

Regards,

Jayson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I faced the same problem as above when applying PI 7.1 SP 09 JAVA stack with JSPM with a SPSTab.xml file uploaded to EPS/in from SAP marketplace.

In the SCAN_INBOX_XX.LOG I can see:

[Info]: Scanning Inbox for stack definition files...

Feb 10, 2010 7:33:23 PM [Error]: org.xml.sax.SAXException has occurred: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.

Feb 10, 2010 7:33:23 PM [Error]: /usr/sap/transpi/EPS/in/SPSTab.xml is not a valid stack definition file.

Feb 10, 2010 7:33:23 PM [Info]: Scanning Inbox for stack definition files has finished.

I was not able to get the JSPM to read the SPSTab.xml .

Solution:

1. Upgrade first JSPM to correct patch level.

2. Restart JSPM

Then follow the steps below and you will get your patches in the EPS/in directory

3. Change the permission for all the SCA and SDA files in the EPS/in directory to 777 including your STSTab.xml file.

4. Select Single support stack(advanced use) and no NWDI option.

5. It will read the queue and validate it.

Then the SP stack was correct applied.

Thank you folks!

Regards

Geir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

When you download the desired SPnn from the service market place, did you also generate an SPSTab.xml file ?

All the target Java SP files will be .SCA files and should be present in the EPS\in directory.

If you still get an error, please let us know the contents of your EPS\in directory as well as paste an excerpt of exception from JSPM.TRC file here.

Best Regards,

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Have you copies the SCA and SDA files into your /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in directory?

You have to copy all the SCA and SDA files downloaded with Support Pack stack to the above directory and then give a try.

Best Wishes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

If i not right first copy the SCA and SDA files into your /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in directory from DVD.

Thanks,

Jayson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then i need to select Support Package Stack and No NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

It depends upon which support pack you are going.

What support pack you are on ABAP stack same you should go for Java stack also.

If that is available on your DVD then you can download it from there else you have to download it from market place.

I never use to select the complete stack but

- First we have to apply the JSPM patch.

- In second step we have to go for the remaining components.

Best Wishes

Edited by: Rajesh Kumar on Apr 10, 2008 7:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just palce all the sca files in the eps/in also paste the xml file which jspm reads and reconizes as the stack which you would go. JSPM will itself take care of all the things it will apply patch for itself and asks you to restart once it is done then it will apply the patches for other components.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When i copy the NW70_JAVA_STACK_13 and CDLABLE.ASC ,EBC aswell..

and run the go.bat on JSPM Directory selecte the package as a Support Pacage Stack and NO NWDI (No nwdi)

But it give the "NO APPLICABLE SUPPORT PACKAGE STACKS FOUND FOR DEPLOYMENT IN INBOX DIRRECTORY
xxxxxxxx\sapmnt\trans\EPS\in

Eighter you do not hava stack definition XML in the inbox dirrectory or file is not valid

if do not have stack definition xml file, download from service market place

if u have downloaded the stack definition XML File, on log tab page check SCAN_INBOX_xx.LOG For errors"

Please help me in this regards,

Thanks

Kumar.

jochen_rundholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You download SAR or CAR files, when you extract them using SAPCAR you have sca or sda files. These sda/sca files have to be in /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in. No other file types, no ASC what so ever. If you don't have the xml stack you have to choose "single support packages" in JSPM. If that all is taken care of and if the patches are not found then there might be some environment variable wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as i know there would be no sar or car files for java pataches,only sca or sda file or ear files would be there,

It isi not a problem just select single package and proceed but place all the files in the eps/in it will apply the patches for all the components even you select only single component while starting the jspm.

If you still want to remove the message you want then just go to market place and then browse the java support packages and just download the xml file and then paste it in eps/in that would do.

Regards,

Vamshi.

jochen_rundholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The initial post was talking about SPs and they come in SAR/CAR files. May be the inital poster can comment if he has SAR/CAR file or some other files he would like to deploy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It sometimes happen that the validation of the queue could not be completed as we download the files as the zip format and the stack queue calculation can not validate the queue with this format.I faced the same problem while validating the queue.

Follow few more steps only and you will get your patches in the EPS/in directory:

1)Change the permission for all the SCA and SDA files in the EPS/in directory to 777 including your STSTab.xml file.

2)Select Single support stack(advanced use) and no NWDI option.

3)It will read the queue and validate it.

Now you should be able to import the support pack for JAVA stack.

Hope you will not face the issue further.

If you feel this reply fruitful reward the points.

Cheers...and all the best.

Manoj Kandari