cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking up File on OS/390 with File Adapter

Ben_B
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am attempting to pick up a file from our IBM mainframe (OS/390). The adapter is polling successfully but never picks up the file. I have FTP'd to the mainframe from the command line of our PI server and successfully got the file, so I know permissions are not the issue. In our legacy EAI system, the FTP adapter has an option where you can specify that you are connecting to an OS/390 machine. Based on that parameter it knows how to handle the FTP commands. PI doesn't seem to have that flexibility.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? What would you recommend to get around this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben Baughman

kindly check the name of your source directory and the file name because in this case names are case sensitive

This happened with me and name of file was not correct in my case

so kindly check file name .Give the correct name (case sensitive) activate the adapter again and make a CACHE refresh

hope this may help you

Regards

Sandeep

PS if helpful kindly reward points

Ben_B
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response, but the name is not the problem. I copied the values from the configuration and executed the FTP from the command line with no issue. I have a customer message open with SAP, but they act like this is the first tiem they've seen this. The mainframe file system is much different than any other operating system and I believe that is the problem. In our legacy EAI tool the FTP adapter has an option that allows you to specify what OS you are connecting to. Based on that selection, the system then knows what FTP commands to send. XI/PI does not have this option and seems to treat all OS's the same.

Thanks,

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ben

Did you check the logs in Sender File Adapter in RWB and SXMB_MONI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ben,

We were using JDBC adapters to push/pull data from AS400 files(tables). We did not connect to the backedn db (DB2). We made the JDBC connection to AS400 system. I have seen some threads in SDN using File adapter to push/pull data from AS400 systems.

What exactly is the problem you face? What happens when you fill the File adapter and activate? Any errors or the XML message generated in invalid? Can you describe this a little.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Ben_B
Explorer
0 Kudos

I just talked with a mainframe support person here and reminded me of something. When you need to fully qualify a dataset you have to wrap it in apostrophes. Once I did that it worked. Thanks for your help and for stimulating my thought process.

Ben

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ben,

Good you caught it..when running os commands over ftp with as400 or os390, we used to run the command with a QUOTE RCMD..before the command..was going to suggest that..same as quotes...

Regards

Ravi Raman

Answers (0)