Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user ID get locked when saving any documents in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I come accross one issue that a person's User id get locked when saving any documents in SAP.is it possible?how to rectify this problem?help me.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls confirm if user Id locked check in the SUIM. If document locked check in the SM12.

Rajesh.

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That seems to indicate a failed password logon attempt (resulting in a password lock). Note 495911 can help you to analyse such problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello "The Legend",

How do you know this password lock happens when the user tries to save a document?

A possible cause could be that someone activated an exit or modified a "save document" function with the intention that the user must logon with user ID and password to verify their identity before the document is saved (like a signature). Their program calls the screen for entering a UID/PWD and sets the value of system field sy-uname as default for the UID field.

However, other programs used to save documents without the intention of "signing them" don't know about this...

Another possible cause which I have seen on a few occasions comes from changes relating to case-sensitive passwords between systems, one of which does support (or expect) it and another which does not (expect it).

Good luck,

Julius

PS: You have 30 of 30 unresolved questions. Are you sure that advise and help you get from SDN is that bad?