Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GO LIVE SUPPORT

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear friends,

kindly help me about this questions

what is the difference b/w post go live support and support??

what is BUG FIXATION???

THANKS

MANI

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

also pl check this

[Post go live support|http://training.saptechies.com/phase-5-go-live-and-support/]

bug fix talks about some program or logic not working the way it was expected. Perhahps the reason for error in this case is some conditin not covered in the logic. Perhaps for the initial round of testing it would have given correct results since it matched the conditions specified in the code. Now incase a new condition is discovered then the prg might now work the way it was expected. We cover this also now with some change to logic and can be called as bug fix.

regards

sadhu kishore

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Go Live support is usually much more expensive, as it is performed by the original implementation team right after cut-over. Issues get fixed quickly though, as you have an experienced team who knows the configuration and business processes.

Support is much cheaper, as the company tends to hire full time employees, or outsource this role. Since the main implementation is complete, and the support will be longer-term, Companies really go a lot cheaper on support. The experience comes commensurate with the pay as well, so the issues take a lot longer to fix.

Bug Fixation, I beleive, is illegal in most Western European countries, the U.S. and Canada, so I'd rather not comment on that, and frankly that whole concept kind of freaks me out

Edited by: Bill Hooper on Apr 9, 2008 11:14 PM