cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

central transport directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have different SAP landscapes (BI, CRM, HR, ERP, and SolMan) based on the Netweaver 7 (former 2004s) technology. So, in connection with updateing our systems we have to install the same support-packages to many SAP-systems. Before we can install the support packages, we have to download, extracting, and copying the packages to the right "..\EPS\in"-directory on the corresponding server. This is sometimes quite unclear, and exhausting, especially if we do not update all system-landscapes at the same time. Furthermore we have the same files on several servers which is bad, because some packages are big.

That is the reason we are looking for a kind of central transport-directory (..\EPS\in). The "dream" we have is to create, and share a directory at our SolMan, where we extract the support-packages-file. From this central point we want to update our systems of all our landscapes.

We looked already at the SAP-Support-Portal, and at help.sap.com, but were not able to find any information, or a configuration guide.

Does anybody in this forum has experience with something like this, or could anybody have another idea to find information for implementing a "central transport directory"?

Thanks a lot.

Maik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Create an Central Directory first and give full authorizations to it.This Central Directory should be acceessable from all the servers,with out prompting you the useris and password to login into it.

Once the Central Directory is created,Create a DIR_EPS_ROOT Parameter in the Instance profile and give the value the full path of the central directory(
xxxxxx\transport\EPS) in all the systems and restart them to get effective.

If you want the same Central Directory for Transports also,then create one more parameter(DIR_TRANS) and give value the full path of the central directory(
xxxxxxxx\transport).

Thanks and Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. Your advices were quite useful.

The advice with the central directory for transports is also an good idea. But if I change th parameter DIR_TRANS, then I also need to copy the cofiles-, and data-files to the new directory, right? Otherwise I think the transports in the queue will go lost.

I think about using the following procedure:

1. creating new directories (

xxxxxx ransportEPS, and

xxxxxx ransport),

2. configuring the rights at this directories,

3. set the parameters DIR_TRANS, and DIR_EPS_ROOT in all systems of a landscape (development-, validation, production-system),

4. then I stop SAP on all systems,

5. copying/migrating all files (cofiles, data-files, EPSin-files) to the right directory to the new central point

6. copying the TP_DOMAIN_.pfl to the new central-system, and

7. adjusting the TRANSDIR-line to the new directory (I think this will be not changed by setting the DIR_TRANS-parameter in the instance-profile, isn't so?)

8. after finishing the copy-process, I can start all systems, and its working with the new central-directories.

Did I have everything in my mind, or is something missing?

Thanks a lot!

Maik

Edited by: Maik Schröder on Apr 12, 2008 10:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Yes,please you need to copy the datafiles and cofiles from the old trans directory to the new trans directory.

I think the process defined is right and nothing much is missing.

Make sure you create the same directory structure in the new trans directory and sub directories.

Thanks and Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

What is with the DOMAIN.CFG-file, please?. If I copy this file, then I will overwrite the former configuration. How I can migrate this file?

Can I add the one file (FILE2) to the former (FILE1)? e.g.

FILE1

<SAPSM

TMSADM

DOMAIN_SM0

Transport domain SM0

SM0

System SM0

SM0

System SM0

GROUP_SM0

Transport group SM0>

FILE2