Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item category not defined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

My client need help to ship some parts.

He creates the delivery (VL01N)

And when we enter the batch we have an error message appearing : Item category is not defiened.

I check in the sales order and everything is ok (item category ZXXX for free charge). In the maeterial master the item category group is NORM.

Do you have any suggestions of issues which can cause such an error.

Please advice

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

I followed your advice and it seems like this item category was not defined for a plit bacth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In t.code VTLA is copy control set up for that sales to delivery with that item category?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah that sales to delivery is set up with this item category

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi patrick

check the item category assignment in VOV4 , and the item category details for that item category.

as the material qty is not coming in delivery, check the delivery item categories in 0vlp

it should solve the problem

Regards

Srinath

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI patrick

Please check in the copy control VTLA at item leveL (OR-LF) of item category proposal and item category are properly mantained or not ,and are available or not ?

please check the item category assignment VOV4

but can you elaborate more patrick

Can you tell me is it a normal sales cycle OR-> LF->F2 , you are doing or any free of charge delivery or returns cycle cycle you are doing ?

Is that order a MAKE TO ORDER ?

What is the item category in sales order ?

what is the schedule line of the sales order ?

CAN you tell what exactly the problem in detail ? what you have done in sales order and what you have done in delivery ?

plz let me know patrick

waiting for your reply

Regards

Srianth

Edited by: sri nath on Apr 9, 2008 7:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK the problem:

There is a standard order of 14 unit, in a make to stock envrionment.

there is only one schedule item in the sales order with item category ZXXX (free of charge)

This is a normal order processing not a return.

the SD people made a split batch. they succeed with one batch number to deliver 4 and they want by using the same batch number to deliver another 4 unit.