cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central Build failing due to input mode "PRIVILEGED"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to move one DC from one system to another. I am getting an error during the central build step as

"Cannot switch to input mode PRIVILEGED, because another import is running into the same buildspace ED5_ONENGL_C"

When I goto CBS UI and check the input mode it is showing it as PRIVILEGED. Can anybody tell me how to bring it back to OPEN mode so that I can restart my imports?

I understand that some other import is blocking this import and the INPUT mode should be OPEN, but I cant even find which import is currently running.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Puneet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The edit feature in UI allowed me to change the input mode to OPEN.

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Puneet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

you should check in the CMS if there's an import running. Usually it's also a good indication to check if there are requests queued or being processed in your buildspace.

When you import something new into the development or consolidation system the CMS will set the buildspace to PRIVILEGED for the duration of the import. Sometimes it seems that CMS forgets to reset the buildspace back to OPEN.

Best regards,

Marc

AndreyH
Advisor
Advisor

... <continue to Marc's explnation> ...

if you see that CMS has no imports running in the build space (in that case likely to find import failed instead), then

1) go to CBS WebUI and change the build space input queue mode to OPEN manually (select buildspace, and press Edit button, that is visible for users with QA and Admin priveleges in CBS).

2) Return to CMS and trigger transport again.

Kind regards,

Andy

matthias_hollstein
Participant
0 Kudos

Andys Hint is still valid

Imports stuck > restart of NWDI NetWeaver > Imports stuck again > switch build space import queue mode from PREVILEGED to OPEN > Import succeeded.

thank you

regards

Matthias