cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing buket descriptions in forecast screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This post is followup of my previous post [Changing buket descriptions in forecast screen|].

I opened a message to SAP and they say this is a consulting issue rather than a bug in the system.

Again my problem here is:

We implemented a user exit APODM006 to get user defined labeling in planning books. The month names are displayed as Mar.2008, Apr.2008 etc. instead of P01.2008, P02.2008 etc. Which is what the goal. So far so good then in interactive forecasting screen, I am getting the same old P01.2008... instead of month names.

Can somebody suggest me if I am missing something?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A naive question, did you set up the planning book design in the data view tab - the Period Labeling field to be U ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

YES. U is selected for period labeling.

Let me explain everything I did step by step

Function exit : EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLMCP2_006

Enhancement: APODM006

Code:

data: t015m TYPE t015m,

ls_month TYPE monum.

if I_VONTG is NOT INITIAL.

ls_month = I_VONTG+4(2).

SELECT SINGLE * into t015m

FROM t015m WHERE spras = sy-langu

and monum = ls_month.

CONCATENATE t015m-monam(3) ',' I_VONTG(4)

INTO e_perdy.

endif.

In design view of data view definition, I selected U for Period labeling.

Since we are using posting periods, the time bucket used to show P01.2008. After setting up the user exit and selecting U in period labeling, the buckets show Mar.2008.

Thanks.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for grins, can you try using this quick change in SAP standard planning book and see what shows up? I dont think you need to even initialize the planning area. Just check on doubleclicking data view on what shows up.

This will isolate the issue further and help us understand if using fiscal year/posting periods has anything to do with this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that suggestion.

I tried in 9ADPBASIC. It has status 2 (modifiable only by author), so I could not chnage anything in that view. but I copied the same 9ADP01 and created a planning book and view copying the planning book 9ADP_BASIC and data view ABSATZPLANUNG.

I just selected months as time bucket profile.

I assigned U in data view and it behaves the same way as my book.

It had M03.2008 before assigning U and Mar.2008 after assigning U in data view....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any other suggestions please?

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe running out of ideas right now.

Just to make sure the User exit is being picked up. Please put a break point in the user exit and see if the control is going through the user exit.

You may want to sit with the developer or do some ABAP debugging yourself on why the user exit is not effective.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

The user exit is effective with the planning book. We debugged and saw the results in the user exit.

What I don't know is how to debug and see if the user exit is effective in interactive forecasting screen.

Also does this user exit apply for interactive forecasting? May be there are other user exits or BADIs that we need to look at?

Thanks for all your time.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I find based on my experience that Univariate forecasting screen exists in an islanded mode - disconnected from interactive planning screen in terms of navigation/look/feel. I just checked the BADIs effective in Univariate Forecasting screen

These are the ones.

/SAPAPO/SDP_INTERACT

/SAPAPO/SDP_FCST3

/SAPAPO/SDP_PROMOT

/SAPAPO/SCM_FCSTPARA

/SAPAPO/SDP_FCSTERR

/SAPAPO/SDP_SAVE

I was all along under the impression you were not able to see the results in standard planning book DV. I am pretty sure what you are looking for is not possible in forecasting view, unless someone can come up with an ingenious method.

Answers (0)