Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

security steps in system refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

what are the pre steps and post steps from security point of view that needs to be performed on the target system when we do a system refresh .

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please let us know what you think is a 'system refresh'. System copy/clientcopy/other....

8 REPLIES 8

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please let us know what you think is a 'system refresh'. System copy/clientcopy/other....

0 Kudos

I think system refresh as system copy.

0 Kudos

In that case, and if it's a single system, it's quite simple. Once copied your target system is ready for use with all users present on your source system, with the same passwords.

So if you do not want that, lock the users you want to keep out.

0 Kudos

Adding to Jurjen,

If you want to retain the UMR of a particular client in the target system, then a pre-step would be exporting the UMR of that client and re-importing it back after the refresh!

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

Thanks for the answer. what if the target system is a child clinet of a CUA. Do we need to do anything or everything will be the same after system copy.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,

There some additional things to consider....

If the source system for the copy is a child system of another CUA model, then after the copy you have to delete the CUA model from the client that has been refreshed - this includes deleting the CUA model from BD64.

Once the copy is complete you have to double check the logical system of the refreshed client - very often this step is overlooked and it means that your RFC destination for this child system is no longer valid.

I agree with the previous post of exporting the SAP_USER profile from the target client, before the refresh takes place.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi friends,

this is what I undertood from the discussion,

Before the system refresh.

1) In the target system export the sap user profile.

After the refresh.

1) Import the user profile in the target that was previously exported.

2) Check the RFC destinations from the target system to the CUA central system.

correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

Edited by: Neha Kapoor on Apr 14, 2008 6:37 PM

0 Kudos

I think that is correct - although I would double check the CUA model assignments in your target client as well. The refresh would overwrite your CUA model assignment if the source client belongs to another CUA model.

If the source client did not belong to another CUA model, then you would still have to resave our CUA model from the central client.

Regards