cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with using external Libraries (Netweaver 2004)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Netweaver experts,

I'm new to Netweaver development and am developing an "inherited" project.

I have a severe problem with external Libraries which I want to use within my WebDynpro project.

In my project I found DCs including the JIMI-jar file which are linked to my project as "Used DCs".

If I compile (build) my project locally on my Netweaver everything is fine. But if I deploy and run my application on my local J2EE server I get the error :

Failed to process request. Please contact your system administrator. and

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/jimi/core/JimiException

So my external Library is not found on my J2EE.

To solve that problem I synct and buildt my DCs again. But this did not help. I assume that the connection between DC and SC is lost during deployment is that possible ?). How could I solve that problem ?

I also tried to build new DCs. Therefor I created DCs with my extrenal library according to the SAP-documents "Using Ecternal Libraries for development with NWDI" and added public parts (for compilation and assembling) to that DC. After checking in I could select my new DC with the add used DC dialog. But this didn't solve my problem either.

I had the idea that the jar-files of my external Library could be uploaded to a path which is not part of the classpath of my J2EE during the deployment. Is that possible ? How could I check that ?

During checking the implementation of the procedure which uses my extrenal library i had the idea that the imported linrary could belong to a different java package than that which I assume it to belong to.

is there a possibilty to find out if there is a misconfiguration ?

The external libraries which i found in my project must have worked one time. Is it possible that my local J2EE serve is misconfigurated ? What should I check there ?

Do you have any further ideas how to solve the problem ?

I appreciate any help.

Desparately,

Daniel Wetzler

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danie

1)Check whether you deployed the library DC in the server.If not deploy that first and then deploy the main DC

2)while using used DC always do a DC build and deploy

meaning right click on the DC,choose developement component and then choose build, similarly for deploy

Hope this helps.

Murali.K.N

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

-