cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue regarding language change for the USER.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have an issue regarding the User language.

My scenario is file to Idoc were iam sending the good receipt details to the idoc.while idoc is posting into database it wiill create inspection slot in background.

now problem is iam working for the poland client and he what the material description in polish langauge but in common it will be created in english which was done at back ground while creating the inspection slot.

so can i change the RFC destination User name into PL instead of EN will it affect while creating the material description.

or any other way to change the user name so that i dont want to create all RFc setting new......for another pl language user.

if it is not clear let me know i will expalin it.

Thanks and regards,

Phani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the inputs..problem solved ...i changes the language into PL in RFC destination for the PI USER and it was reflected at abap end and the material description has been changed into polish language.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can have the option of defining an original language for language-dependent text entries.

Probably below link will help you

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9f/fdd13fa69a4921e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IN which language material description is coming from the file.

If it is coming in English then it will update the IDOC segment element with tat value only.

so check the description language at file end.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chirag,

the discription is coming in english now.........they want to chage it into polish language.......it is done back ground we cant trace it to change the language............now we have option is that the RFC destination created with PE1_REMOTE user and it was in english........if we chage the language of that user will the discription also change..................

please reply.........

Thanks and reagrds,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Phani,

I am doubtful by just changing the language for RFC destination ID will resolve your purpose.

You may try out this solution. But as you know XI is Unicode compatible and XI uses the codepage conversions of the operating system. If you want to transform English or polish characters to UF-8, you have to install that codepages to your operating system.

UTF-8 or UTF-16 (unicode)

http://www.unicode.org/charts/

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0845138-600b-2a10-6d86-e458d67a...

SAP Network Blog: How to get started using Conversion Agent from Itemfield

/people/william.li/blog/2006/03/17/how-to-get-started-using-conversion-agent-from-itemfield --Adapter modules are available for conversions

SAP Conversion Agent - The Long Journey - Exchange Infrastructure - Wiki

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/sap%2bconversion%2bagent%2b-%2bthe%2blong%2bjo...

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Apr 9, 2008 7:55 PM

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Apr 9, 2008 7:56 PM

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Apr 9, 2008 7:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi swarup,

Thanks for the quick reply.

We don't think it will work if RFC destination user language name change then the description will change.

On our analysis we came to know that,it is depend on the user language.......now the object is running in the production system so we have to resolve it quickly.

so what to do how to change the USER language.......how to change the description.

Thanks and regards,

Phani

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depending on the application, it may vary on:

1. the actual default language of the user (SU01);

2. the logon language (rfc destination);

3. the scenario specific language (for example, the language of some Business Place).

Try to change these in test system to investiage the behavior.

Anyway, if you're really in a hurry, you could start investigating on your own.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you have said it depends upon the User language, then in R/3 you need to verify if the proper translation are available for the descriptions, Check SE63 for these kind of translations.

Also Have you referd the blog I had mentioned in above list

How to get started using Conversion Agent from Itemfield here it will show you to add some Java libraries for Transformation and that you can use as Adapter Module.

Thanks

Swarup