cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finite Planning in PP/DS with multiple source of supply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Can any one please let m eknow how can i do the finite planning with different source of supply ? are there any special heuristic for that. As if i run the schedule sequence system just considers one (default prod version 0001) source of supply while finite scheduling.

Please let me know if any one has solution, its a bit urgent.

thanks in advance.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - in case of multiple source of supply, you might need to look at CTM planning creating PP/DS orders (in the settings).

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

as i know CTM is done in SNP and then these orders are propagated to PP/DS for coversion with source of supply. But is there any other way by which i can handle it in PP/DS.

Thanks for your reply and let me know ur commnets.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

CTM can be used to create PP/DS orders if you use PP/DS PPM's and in the 'Settings' tab you need to indicate that PP/DS orders are to be created.

Global settings for CTM also should indicate 'Production Process model for explosion' under the 'Planning' option.

Regards

Vinod

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

set a procurement priority on ur PPM or PDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi harish,

Even if i set priority on PPM, the system selects the highest priority source of supply always, and even finit scheduling not consideping the othet low priority source of supply.

i really appreciate your help. and looking forward for more options from you,

Thanks