cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing ESS Web Dynpro ess~cod~sap.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a source codes for the web dynpro for ESS.

There is a DC that is call "Change Office and Communication Data" and I want to modify it. The UI shows a total of 5 fields:

<b>Communication</b>

Extension : 7249

E-mail : XXX@TECH.COM.SG

<b>Department</b>

Building Number : TECH 1

Room Number : 4B

<b> Miscellaneous</b>

License Plate Number : SDM6296H

I want to change one of the fields, Extension to Telephone Number. When I open up the codes, there was no design layout...It seems that the layout data is dynamically created on runtime... In such case, where can I change the field.

This is tough!!!

Do hope someone could help.

Thanks.

Regards,

mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I might have the very same problem.

Do post if you have any answer to this.

I specifically looked at adding additional field which I think requires some coding in code area. Not knowing ABAP is making it tough for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you are correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have solved this issue. The fields that are displayed are determined by the ITS configuration in the backend. In the IMG, review the COD ITS config settings. The fields are defined there. Let me know if you need more information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Yes, I need more info on the COD ITS config settings...Please help.

Thanks.

regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Review the entries under the IMG at Personel Management -> Employee Self-Service -> Employee Self-Service ITS version -> ESS Settings for specific service -> Office -> Who's Who (ESS): Selection and Output (PZ35, MiniApp, PZ50) - Output field Details. The COD dynamically displays the fields based on this list. If you add/remove a field here, you should see it in the WebDynpro automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

I don't have access to a ERP 2004 system currently.

Just one query.

Which transaction/view this IMG points to?

Doesn't it points to PZ01C?

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

The COD application builds the view dynamically depending on the RFC data that depends on your configuration in the backend at runtime.

You can check the coding in the wdDoModifyView of the DisplayView of the Component VcCodDisplayComp.

Check the lines 152 to 189.

If you follow the if condition of the lines 154-158 you will know that the coding is present for Telephone Number as well. Hence you don't need to change anything in the WebDynpro Code to achieve the same.

The table PersonalDetail is populated from the Data fetched by RFC Hrxss_Cod_Get_Details_Input. So in your case its not fetching the Telephone No from the backend and hence its not displaying the Telephone No.

Check you customizing/configuration in the backend for COD and make sure that the above RFC Returns you the Telephone Number in one row.

Please awards points for helpful answer

With Best Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked the backend for COD...but there is not customizing or configuration that will return the Tel No. Any idea where is the configuration in the backend?

Do hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I might not be able to help for the customization part much as I don't have access to an ERP 2004 System from my current Client Site.

Still if I remember correctly, check the transaction PZ01C(Who's Who Customization Transaction). I think it still uses the same transaction for Who's Who customization in ERP 2004. You will see that the Telephone Number field is not added in the Detail List for your Country(Singapore if I remember correctly).

Add the field for Telephone number to the Output field list and detail.

It should work.

If it doesn't search for the new transaction for Who is Who customization in the ERP 2004 system and do these changes there.

With Best Regards,

Shubham

Regards,

Shubham

Message was edited by: Shubham Tripathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I confirm it.

You have to make the changes in the PZ01C.

Just make sure you use a Query and not BAPI in the customization. This is because BAPI will have a list of standard fields which maynot contain the Telephone Number field.

This will solve your problem.

If it solved this problem, please close this thread.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

I have managed to change using the PZ01C to include in the Tel. Number in Output fields List and Output fields Details. This is the new field I add in SYHR_A_P0105_AF_TEL_NR.

But it is still not working.

Any idea what version is your ESS Web Dynpro?

Mine is on SP7 Patch 4.

I am using a InfoSet , ZWHOISWHO my own custom infoset query in PZ01C.

I do hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Try this.

Run the old ESS PZ01 transaction in your ECC 5.0 SAP System. It will run in SAPGUI. Click on Change own Data. Do you see the Telephone Number field?

If it does not show it here, it will not show in Webdynpro, since this transaction is common between ITS based ESS and WebDynpro Based ESS. In that case you need to check your infoset.

If yes then execute the RFC (I told you) Standalone and check the results.

You will see the Telephone number field only when its displayed in SAP System first.

As I mentioned earlier I don't have access to ERP 2004 system from my current client site and hence I will not be able to tell you the version of our system.

Regards,

Shubham

Message was edited by: Shubham Tripathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

I managed to run PZ01 and it is showing the Telephone Number field when I click on button Change Own Data.

What is execute RFC Standalone???? R/3 or Web Dynpro?

Do hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Mike Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I meant in transaction SE37 execute the function Module Hrxss_Cod_Get_Details_Input which is the RFC called by WebDynpro to get the data.

When you execute this RFC, it might expect some inputs that you need to provide like PERNR BEGDA ENDDA(I am not sure what all parameters), so you need to populate these before testing this RFC.

In the Result, check the Detail_Table.

It should contain a entry as

Desc_Index - <Some Value>

FieldName - SYHR_A_P0105_AF_TEL_NR

Flabel - <Some Text like Tel No or something>

Value - <Your Telephone Number>

Value_Length - <Some Value>

If this entry is there, now when you run your application, you should see the Telephone Number field.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

I have execute Hrxss_Cod_Get_Details at SE37.

It return 5 entries in the Detail_Table.

But there is no FieldName, SYHR_A_P0105_AF_TEL_NR

These are the 5 FieldNames returned:

SYHR_A_P0105_AF_TEL_EXT

SYHR_A_P0105_AF_EMAIL

P0032-GEBNR

P0032-ZIMNR

P0032-KFZKZ

Not sure if is because my backend is not up to patch.

Our backend version is as follows :

SAP_HR 500 SP008

EA_HR 500 SP008

For your assistance.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mike Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

As Stephan verified the IMG entry points to transaction PZ01C only where you already done the changes and now you can see the Telephone Number field in the ITS based ESS, COD.

So now I am also clueless what can be the problem. Without looking at the system I will not be able to help more.

Try one last thing to test whether the problem is due to your Custome Infoset or some other problem.

Instead of your custom Infoset, try using Standard BAPI or Query that has this Telephone Number field in Detail/Output List and check the result of the ITS Screen COD and result of the BAPI.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

how do i change the fields that are available in the infoset? we have some custom fields that are added to infotype and i want these fields to be added to this infoset to be used in cod app. how to do it?

thanks