SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation facts not updated, although change documents was created

Former Member
0 Kudos

I updated the installation facts via bapi BAPI_UTILINSTALLATION_CHANFACT. No error message was triggered and the changes were written to the change documents. However, when i try to display the installation and the updated facts, it looks like no changes were made... any advice about what could have gone wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

All the installation facts are stored in table ETTIFN...

Hence i remember the FM for updating the table ETTIFN..(Try to search in SE37-> isudbettifn*...)

Just check out if this works fine..

Regards

Shiva

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

All the installation facts are stored in table ETTIFN...

Hence i remember the FM for updating the table ETTIFN..(Try to search in SE37-> isudbettifn*...)

Just check out if this works fine..

Regards

Shiva

0 Kudos

I used ISU_DB_ETTIFN_UPDATE to update the facts and this works fine .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further to Shiva, I would also suggest you to use BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT F/M whenever you are using any BAPI's for updation. Many a times this has happened that even though the BAPI was successful, the changes are not reflected since there was not commit.

Do let me know if this helped.

Thanks,

Pranjal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did use a BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT.

ISU_DB_ETTIFN_UPDATE does indeed update table ETTIFN but no checks or whatever are carried out... Is this safe to use?

0 Kudos

Yes, besides the fact that this is not a BAPI, it also does not return or raise any exceptions. So I assume you can use it if you are absolutely sure of the changes that you want to use.

But when i tested the BAPI_UTILINSTALLATION_CHANFACT that you have used, in a program, it did reflect the changes to the installation facts, only that it was not immediately visible.

When I put wait for 2 sec, even after BAPI_COMMIT, did the changes actually got reflected when viewed via ES32 - Installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krish,

We have a business case where in, I need to update the installation facts using BAPI_UTILINSTALLATION_CHANFACT. But our development environment system does not have any installation facts created earlier. So I am trying to create one and change the same using the BAPI.

So I want to know how to create the installation facts using which T-Code and how to use the BAPI for change.

Please Help if you are aware of doing it

Thanks

Suma