cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know mb1b move matieral into QI/BLock/unresticted?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

We need create a report to track movement history for mb1b and check qty receiving/issuing from QI, BLock , Unrestricted

But there is some movement type like 322, 344, it doens't need input speical movment indctor.

it will move stock into QI or Block. So any indictor in MSEG, we could know this movement is to place mateiral into QI/block/unresticted? In mseg, any field point that?

Or we only could check it by movement type ? Since there are many movment history and many movement type , Do we need hard code it in program? eg: 322 is move to Qi,

Thanks

Alice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One option I can think of is to use MB51.

You will have to use a combination of movement type and indicator to achieve what you want. You can create variants for the executing the report. For e.g. create one variant for all QI stock related where you can have movement types 321, etc. The creation of variants will be a one time exercise.

Also, take a look at exporting the list to excel and doing some filtering in excel. This will save you the effort of developing and maintaining a report.

Hope this helps,

Lakshman

Answers (13)

Answers (13)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi W1n,

really thanks for your help. In your z movement type , which option you use in OMJJ for receipt into block or qi?

I checked 322,344, 325 etc, can't find any clues to stand for this movemet will move mateiral into qi/blcok ......

Thanks

ALice

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per explanation in the SAP notes and as per i write before, that we define the mov type in the Z report, so we hardcode it , ex:if using mov 101, then it will increase unresc,etc

Also as per u know that there's no stock type update in MSEG for TP trx

Regards,

w1n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi W1n,

Thanks a lot. I understand Credit/Debit indictor can point out it's to reduce and increase stock for location. but it doesn't point out which stock status it used, it reduce /increase qty in QI/blcok/unrestricted.

Now it seems we need use movement type to control the stock status.

eg: 322 is from unrestricted to QI. 323 is from QI to QI. So we need calculate stock by each movement?

if it's 322, then the first line location is to reduce qty from unrestricted, the second document line location is to increate qty in QI? It sounds very complex to calculate each movement type

Thanks

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear alice,

yup, as per the notes said, that the stock type is not update for all trx, so u need to use movement type, in one of our Z transaction we define which mov is GR to Unres, GR to block, etc,along with the reversal movement based on that we create an indicator, so we know which movement update which stock type.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi W1n

Thanks for your help. Yes, just feel it become very complex. So In movment defination, do you know which option could set it as matieral move in/out QI/block?

Or the note mentioned quantity string, But don't understand if this is the field to identify the stock status ?

Thanks

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alice,

you can check to OMJJ config --> Debit / Credit indicator,Table T156 -> field :SHKZG

below i cap the explanation:

===========================================

Debit/Credit Indicator

Shows on which side of the account (S = debit, H = credit) the transaction figures are updated.

Use

For a goods movement, the indicator refers to the first posting caused by the transaction (primary posting). Thus, it specifies whether the goods movement is an inward movement (debit posting) or an outward movement (credit posting).

Regards,

w1n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I also found one notes from sap.368259 . Which talk about quantity string, but not sure if this used to identify status qi/block for mb1b? it mentioned stock type already contained in defination of the movement type, but which option? To analyzes the quantity string means quantity string could stand for the stock type ? But don't find the relationship or table for such content.

Hope to get advice

Thanks

Alice

Noet: 368259

Summary

Symptom

It does not make sense to evaluate goods movements on the basis of the stock type (MSEG-INSMK) because the stock type is not filled in every goods movement:

in goods receipts with movement type 101, stock type is filled since movement type is stock type neutral.

in certain movement types (for example, 565, 343), the stock type (blocked stock, stock in quality inspection) is already contained in the definition of the movement type. For this reason, the field 'stock type' is not updated in such goods movements.

Cause and prerequisites

Stock type (MSEG-INSMK) is only updated if the information is not already contained in the movement type For example, movement type 563 (GI EntrStBals: QI) automatically posts to the stock in quality inspection. A stock type is not required.

Solution

An evaluation of the goods movements based on the stock type cannot be based on the field MSEG-INSMK. For such an evaluation, a customer-specific report is necessary that analyzes the quantity string of the movement in the context of fields MSEG-INSMK and MSEG-ZUSTD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alice,

Glad to hear that you found that notes, in my suggestion,for your Z report , you need to use both stock type and movement type to define where the stock goes, and it'll be more complex, since you need to know and check all active movement type in your system, the good movement scenario, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Or it may only be judeged by movement type code ? But I can't find for 321, 322, 343. 349 etc movement type. which option stands that it will move between Qi or blcok status?

Thanks

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

Now we found for mb1b, whatever movement we use, it will not update stock type content for QI or BLock. The stock type is always blank, if it stand for unrestricted.

Does it have some bug? Or mb1b tcode without batch number will not update stock type field?

Thanks

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi W1n,

Thanks for help. I checked 322/321 or 344/343, it seems they all don't have stock type content in MSEG, in MB51, the where tab, it just said it's "-" or "+" from QI to unrestricted , block to Unresticted. I only could find for 101/102 whichi use migo, it will create stock type in mseg.

Could you help check in your system, when you use mb1b to do movement, it will have stock type in MSEG ?

Thanks

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi w1n,

Thanks for help. we use ecc60, but I can't find stock type content in MSEG, if I do movement by mb1b except MGIO 101.

for MCBH table, it 's for batch movement? In you system, if you do mb1b movement eg: 322, 344 which move to qi/blcok , In your system, it will have stock type content like 02, X in it?

Thanks

ALice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alice,

When you re using 322 and 344 the direction of movement is "receipt(+)" (in the "where" tab of MIGOScreen) , QI > Unresc and Block>Unresc, and the system record the stock type as the destination which is Unresc=blank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi both

Thanks for help. Ya, I only could see if it's WM, it has storage type , not stock type.

Since we need create report to calculate the how many stock move in/out QI,block unrestricted during one period. In omjj, I can't see which flag is pointed out for this movement stock type?

Or we have to use movement type to identifiy where the matieral goes,. eg: 322 is from QI to unrestrict, but it sounds not good, there are too many movement type, may have mistakes.

HOpe to get advice.

Thanks

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In my system , i check the MSEG-INSMK updated even no WM, and this stock type in under Inventory level, so even no WM process it still updated, also standard SAP inventory report read this table to calculate the stock qty by stock type.Are you check to your MIGO trx?

Regards,

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi w1n,

I don't know what could be the reason but I can't find anything in 'MSEG-INSMK' in case of 321-bookings. I cannot see in MB51 also (after double-click on the material document). So my experience is same as Alice's.

(R/3 release 4.6C)

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Csaba and Alice,

Yup , maybe thats the reason, because i'm in ECC6.0, maybe you can try table MCHB table to check qty for each stock type.

Regards,

w1n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

MIGO may have it. But for 322/ 344 ..... such mb1b movement, it don't set 02 stock type in MSEG?

Could you check ?

Thanks

ALice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

But in MSEG table, the stock type is blank, it seems when we do movement, this field is not updated , to set different stock type for movement.

Where I could see this content?

THanks

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alice,

Sure it will update MSEG table,please cross check to MIGO transaction --> in the "where" tab --> Stock type , if the value in MSEG = blank then it must be " Unrestricted use.

Edited by: w1n on Apr 10, 2008 1:37 PM

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear w1n,

I checked what you said (both table MSEG and material document) and there's no information about stock type/category.

We use WM and MSEG stores information on stock type in WM but there's no information on IM stock type/category.

So, Alice's problem still has to be solved I think.

Please correct me maybe I'm mistaken.

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks a lot . but I am confused now , I check record in mseg for these fields.

like 322. only movement type has 322 in it. other fields are blank. So How Could I judge it moved to QI stock?

for movement type , it has Special Stock Indicator, which indictor stands that material will be moved into QI or Block unrestricted? I checked some, Q seems for project, E for sales order...?

Only 322 342, 349..... may move mateiral to QI, but tehy don't have Special Stock Indicator?

So we only could use movement code to identify where the matieral goes?

Thanks

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alice,

From your information, you just want to see where the stock goes, so u can use stock type indicator to identify the stock type like unresct, QI, etc, and use MSEG-SHKZG to check wheter it issue or receipt.

Special stock indicator is another thing.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

May I check if we could judge whether this movement will move matieral into QI/Unrestricted/Block by one indictor?

Since we will make program for it, We don;'t wnat to write " hard code" , like if it's 322 movement, then it could be move to QI. Any configure to control this movement type which stock type (QI,BLock) it will move matieral to ? Or any field in table we can use ? IN mesg , the mateiral movement records, I don't find some.

Thanks

ALice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alice,

You can consider to use logic with field :

MSEG-INSMK (stock type) ,MSEG-BWART ( movement type ) and MSEG-SOBKZ (Special stock indicator).

Regards,