cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting Projects in v12

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are getting ready to begin the upgrade process to v12 from 11.5. We have a number of plant metrics up and running in 11.5 that we'd like to continue to transport individually through our server landscape. All the metrics are in the same server folder with the plant name and metric number specified in the template/transaction/irpt file name.

Should we move each metric into its own folder prior to migration to help identify them as individual projects for transport purposes?

Thanks in advance,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you downloaded the Active Metrics project from the SDN?It consists of the necessary configuration screens (& much more) to help you with the Metric & Alerts in 12.0.

There's a read.txt part of the download to walk you through the installation steps and has a little comment at the bottom if you are running Metrics/Alerts prior to 12.0.

See if that helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Udayan. I probably shouldn't have used the word 'metric'. I was just using the term to refer to graphs of plant performance with data coming out of SAP and the plant's PI data historian.

The templates for all the graphs are in the same v11.5 folder, like so:

Lighthammer

Illuminator

Templates

Metrics

ING001Query.xml

ING001SPCChart.xml

ING002Query.xml

ING002SPCChart.xml

(and so on)

and we will want to be able to transport graph ING001 separate from graph ING002. I'm assuming, once migrated to v12, they have to be in separate "projects" in order to be transported separately and I wasn't sure if, for migration purposes, items I wanted in separate projects could be in the v11.5 folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for clarifying.

Looking the structure you've provided , I think essentially you are looking to migrate the content within the folder "Metric" right?

I would assume you would also have a \Lighthammer\Xacute\Transactions\Metrics existing for the Transactions and similarly for the Web a \wwwroot\Metrics folder structure.

Once you migrate "Metric" to 12.0 , you will be looking @ a project called Metric.If you will open the Workbench then you will see the project Metric with your templates & transactions under the "Catalog" tab and your web under the "Web" tab.

Does this answer your question?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that tells me if I want to transport graph ING001 separate from graph ING002 then the graphs have to be separate projects and for them to be separate projects, they need to be migrated from v11.5 as separate projects and for them to be migrated as separate projects, they need to be in separate file folders on my v11.5 server before the migration takes place.

David

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need to go 'Project' crazy by having excessive root level folders. When you export the full project in v12 just sort the files in the zip file by directory and/or modified date, and then remove what you don't want to transport. Then import the updated project zip file on your other server(s).

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see that, Jeremy. I understand v12.1 (maybe later) is going to have a different transport mechanism that won't utilize zip files. Would your suggestion of culling the contents of zip files during the transport process still be possible?

Thanks for your help, Jeremy.

David

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't seen any previews of the source control / versioning / transport mechanisms of 12.1, so I don't know, but the project zip import/export capabilities will remain.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Jeremy. That should take care of it.

David

Answers (0)