cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequential Processing of IDocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are receiving SOAP messages and mapping to an IDoc with no BPM process (the sending party does not need a return message in the SOAP call).

We have a problem when a large number of messages are sent in; the IDocs are going into error because they are trying to lock the same material.

I have tried to select Queue Processing in the IDoc adapter, but this did not help.

I then tried to set the Quality of Service for the SOAP adapter to Exactly Once in Order. I had to give a queue name, but documentation on this is scarce. I made up a name and registered the queue, but the SOAP adapter goes into error with no details concerning what is wrong; clearly I have done something wrong here.

So my questions:

1) Easiest way to get IDocs processed via qRFC so they don't lock the same material?

2) Will I need to use an Integration Process to do it?

3) What did I do wrong with the SOAP adapter?

4) Will any of this fix the root cause of the problem, namely: do not start processing one IDoc before the previous has finished processing?

Kind Regards,

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to Jakub's, Check the following too. You can set the parameters in IDOC adapter and queues itself

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bd/277264c3ddd44ea429af5e7d2c6e69/frameset.htm

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have tried to select Queue Processing in the IDoc adapter, but this did not help.

It will work only for WAS >= 6.4.

> I then tried to set the Quality of Service for the SOAP adapter to Exactly Once in Order. I had to give a queue name, but documentation on this is scarce. I made up a name and registered the queue, but the SOAP adapter goes into error with no details concerning what is wrong; clearly I have done something wrong here.

QueueId=ABAP queue ID

> 1) Easiest way to get IDocs processed via qRFC so they don't lock the same material?

For WAS < 6.4 you should go for serialization.

> 2) Will I need to use an Integration Process to do it?

No

> 3) What did I do wrong with the SOAP adapter?

Ref this note: [Note 856597 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 SOAP Adapter|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/856597]

> 4) Will any of this fix the root cause of the problem, namely: do not start processing one IDoc before the previous has finished processing?

Serialization will fix it. Have a look at this thread: [Serialization of XI's outgoing messages (IDocs)|]

Regards,

Jakub