cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Experts

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a problem currently being faced. We have done the db refresh from PRD to UAT. Evrythig went on fine and sap is up. But now the transport system is down and the system throws an error.

I think it is the RFC connection problem which is causing this. In STMS -> Imports , status...there is a inverted N arrow on the DC(DEV) and when i double click on the DEV system it shows this error.

RFC communications error with system/destination

TMSADM (at the symbol)UPG.DOMAIN_UPG

partner not reached (host nysesapd, service sapgw00) /

CPI-C error CM_PRODUCT_SPECIFIC_ERROR.

Number Request Owner Short text St

Import queue could not be read

And also how can i find the Logical system name of the old UAT client from the domain controller

Can anyone help me with the detailed steps on how to do this since i am running out of time......

Thank you in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaji

When i see in sm59, the host name is fine and when i do the test connection it is sucessful and the system gives me the connection time.

And when i click on remote login, it is fine since nothing happens and the screen dosent change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

DEV is the Domain Controller.

And i have exported the target clients user master before starting. Now when i importing the transport it is ending with warning

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bharani,

From DEV , did you try re-distributing the TMS configuration ?

Regards,

siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh

I did it before but now when i go to STMS-> Transport routes-> Distribute and activate it gives me an error "Configuration not completely distributed.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you start STMS, you have an option to see TMS alerts, can you post the TMS alerts ?

Post the alerts from the DEV system (domain controller).

Also, please run a consistency check via STMS ->Import Overview->Import Queue->Check->Transport tool

It will provide you a detailed check of tp in the form of a tree, you should be able to drill down to the part that is broken.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope you Distributing in Client 000 / DDIC. Check if DDIC has SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW

It looks like you selected the wrong hostname or IP Address of the Domain Controller.

Advice you to reconfigure STMS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

Thanks for your help.... yes i have done that

and selected the second option in tht.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bharani,

After db refresh did you perform the SE06 Post DB Copy step ?

If not, you need to do that.

Regards,

Siddhesh

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please ignore the above comment, i am assuming that you would have done that.

Was your Production Server the Domain Controller ?

If yes , then assuming you have done SE06, try re-distributing the configuration from the production once again.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for trying to help me out.

TMSADM is not locked when i checked in su01. and about the RFC, we have grouped the system and when i check in SM59 we have a bunch of them... they have individual rfc's like DEV, QAS, UAT, and PRD. i do not see any of the ipaddresses or the host names in them.

thay have configured another bunch of rfc which are

TMSADM at UAT.DOMAIN_UPG

TMSADM at DEV.DOMAIN_UPG

TMSADM at PRD.DOMAIN_UPG

TMSADM at UPD.DOMAIN_UPG - dev

in here i see all the details.

can u please let me know wht to do next and how to proceed with this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to rebuild all the RFC connections to your Target system. (Only for those which are in use)

For each target system, mention the hostname/IP address in the Target Host and run Connection Test and Authorization Test.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the hotname or IP address is right in the RFC (SM59)

Check if user TMSADM is locked