cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI IDOC's

0 Kudos

Hi Guyz..I want to know the difference between EDI & IDOC's.

1) How are IDoc created

2) EDI technical details like what are you GD ID's , ISA qualifiers etc.

3) X12 , how to read an X12

I would appreciate any help or links to url as well.

Thanks in advance.

Bash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mandar_shete
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Baseer,

1. EDI:- is a data transfer between SAP R/3 to other or from Other System to SAP R/3. EDI required your own tools like Gentran or Mercator which maps the ANSI EDI files (Fields) to IDOC segments.

2. IDOCs:- is an internal document. This is a SAP defined format in which SAP send data to other SAP Instance or to any 3rd party system.

In EDI there are lot of standards are given as per ANSI X12.

http://www.edi-service.com/ansix12c.htm

http://www.ifla.org/VI/5/reports/rep4/rep4.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X12

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Mandar

0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

Thanks for your link and help .I need help with creating Partner Profiles , Creating Sales Order and generate IDOC.

I would appreciate it you would help me with that.

Regards

Baseer

mandar_shete
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Basser,

For creation of Partner profile you need to goto WE20 Transaction in SAP.

Steps are as follows.

1. WE20:- Partner Type LS (Logical System) -> Create new partner -> In Inbound Parameters give message type as ORDERS -> Double click on that -> give process code as ORDE -> In processing mode ticke the Trigger Immediately.

2. You can test the IDOC using WE19.

WE19 -> Put e the message type as Orders and then fill the segment information.

3. Sales Order creation:- Tocde is VA01.

See Sales Orders are always gets created from Inbound IDOCs. You can not create an IDOC based on Sales Order Save. Still if you want to send the Sales Order information out you can create a partner profile as follows.

4. WE20 -> Partner Type KU (Customer) -> Outbound Parameter ORDERS -> Double Click -> enter Port number or name in Receiver Port (You can create a port using WE21) -> Enter Package size as 1 0r 10 etc. -> Basic Type as ORDERS05 -> Output Mode Transfer IDOC Immed.

Thanks,

Mandar

0 Kudos

Hi Mandar ,

I really appreciate your help , I need help in creating output condtion . I used Tcode VV11 and entered a list of SP I had and there in Sales Doc Type what should I select ? I have to Sales Doc type namely "ZORD' and "ZRSH'

which one to go for ?

and Mandar , if you could tell me a brief step by step approach in order to Set up an EDI Partner profile.Let me know if these step are correct in order to generate a successful IDOC

1) Create or set up Partner Profile in SAP using WE20

2) Set up Condition output records using VV11 and VV71 for 856 shipment.

3) Create orders using VA01.

I'll appreciate your help

Thanks again.

Baseer

mandar_shete
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Baseer,

All steps are OK.

Only thing is that when you create a Sales Order don't forget to attach the Output type in Header as follows.

VA01 -> Extras -> Output -> Header -> Edit.

You can use standard SAP output like BA00. Use Medium as 6 (EDI) and enter Partner number which you have maintained in VV11.

Let me know if you required any more information. Also let me know once it is successfully create the IDOC.

Thanks,

Mandar

0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

Thanks for your assistance , I appreciate it...will keep you updated.

Regards

Baseer

Answers (0)