cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please explain how enhancement will come into picture in SAP and also give me some examples?

Thanks

venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

one example :

ADDING A DEFAULT SOLD-TO-PARTY in Sales Order Creation :

To show a default sold-to-party in this field when the user creates a sales order (VA01) we can use a function exit .This function exit is located

in enhancement no V45A0002 . Before we can choose the exit we have to

create a project in CMOD after that enter V45A0002 in the enhancement field and click on the components . In the components you will see the

exit EXIT_SAPMV45A_002 . This exit is used for our purpose.

Double clicking on this exit will takes us to function builder (SE37) . This

function exit has one exporting parameters and two importing parameters, we are interested in exporting parameter which is E_KUNNR

of type KNA1-KUNNR i.e if we move the desired customer name to this

structure(E_KUNNR) it will be shown in the field as the default value when we create the sales order.

This function also contains a customer include ZXVVA04 . This include

will be used to write our custom code .

Double clicking on this include and it will prompt us that this include does not exists do you want to create this object ,select yes and the include will be created .In this include we can write our own code that will fill the field E_KUNNR.

e.g. E_KUNNR = 301.

Activate the include and Activate the project. Now when ever the SALES ORDER will be created , sold-to-party field will come up with a predefined

customer .

regards

sadhu kishore

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

Enhancement means giving additional feature to the standard one.

I can give one real time example

If you create sales order with deleted Forwarding agent system will give only warning message as per the standard but the user want error message and the sales order will not get save.

To get this requirement we need take the ABAPer help to activate User Exit with logic if the sales order having deleted Forwarding agent it should not get save and system need to give error message,this we can call it as one type of Enhancement.

I hope it will make you clear

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

Enhancement can be change in the existing customization or change in the ABAP program to meet the requirement of the bussiness.

When business finds the requirement of new functionality then it will raise a change request which is also called as Enhancement.

For examaple: In a sales order if business finds to add Payer in the header level in a sales order near to the Sold to party. As you are aware this is not standard functionality of SAP. We need to change the present customization to meet the requirement.

In this way we can give any number of examples:

Kindly award if it is helpful.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali

Can you give me some more examples..

Thanks

Venkat