cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tables

pbechani
Participant
0 Kudos

I have created tables on my online interactive Form. I am using Web Dynpro ABAP. I have created the form from WDA. I have also context node that references a structure and has a cardinality of 0..n which I use to bind to the dynamic table on the form.

The form uses ZCI layout and XML based interface. I created the form from WDA.

I am developing in the Enterprise Portal 7.0 which runs on SAP netweaver 2004s. It has both java and ABAP.

I can add new rows dynamically and populate them, but the data is not returned to the WDA Context node. All the other context nodes bind to the form that are not tables return data to WDA.

Can anyone assist on the where I might be getting it wrong.

Kind Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prince,

unfortunately, that's not supported. You can only change existing lines, but not create them dynamically at the front end.

Well, you could have a button though that creates a new line and which goes back to the server to perform that. This

should work.

Best regards,

Thomas

pbechani
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

Thank you for your fast response. I am pretty lost on how to implement your suggestion. Can you please walk me through the solution.

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

We had similar requirement and on click of the button that adds rows, we are calling a method in backend that creates instances of the table, and then we are getting values that are filled in that row.

Hope this helps.

Amit

pbechani
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Thank you for your response. Can you please share with me how you did this because I am lost on how to implement what you suggested

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

First Create an action in the WD ABAP, and then bind it to onSubmit event of the form.

I have not much knowledge of ABAP coding for creating insrtance of Table, so please write the code of creating instance of table in the method.

You have to write the Script of creating the instances in the form ready event also, as the form reloads when the button is clicked for adding new row.

Problem in my case is that, same data is copied in all the rows, so I am looking into it.

Hope this helps,

Amit

pbechani
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Thank you very much. Let me try your suggestion. I will let you know on the outcome

Kind Regards

pbechani
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I am stuck on this issue. Can someone please take me through on how to read dynamic table data from an online form into the web dynpro context attrubutes using Web dynpro ABAP.

I can add new rows on the form but cannot save the data.

Kind Regards

Answers (0)