cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebSAPConsole with SAP Logon Ticket

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on NW'04 and have implemented SOS SAP LogOn Ticket across all of our SAP backends with the Portal being the ticket issuer. We do not maintain passwords on the backend systems such as ECC 5.0. We now have a requirement to integrate warehouse workers utilizing handheld scanners to ECC 5.0 via WebSAPConsole. Any suggestions on how I can integrate SAP LogOn Ticket (SOS) with WebSAPConsole? Thanks... I really do not want to maintain passwords in ECC 5.0 for these users.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what I got back from SAP but have never tried it.

Hi Randy,

as regards to SSO with the websapconsole your option is to configure SSO only when using the J2EE Engine and not the IIS

Here is a step-by-step instruction on how to switch from IIS to J2EE Engine.

1.. Set up the SNC-name for the required R/3 system (settings are written in saplogon.ini).

2. Open SAPConsole Administrator, create a profile and configure it for the connection to the R/3 system.

3. During this configuring, select "SAPLogon Selection" option and choose the required R/3 system from the list.

4. Run SAPwebConsole in SAP j2ee as usual."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Randy,

SSO should work on Mobile Devices as well (try with the JSP client - PPC2003).

Inorder to use SSO on MI Client, the client has to be greater than SP19. The user must have a user account at the Portal server with the same user ID as that of MI ABAP server.

Login to SSO link (active request link) with the portal user name and password given. Ticket issued would be displayed. Install MI and enter the following parameters in MobileEngine.Config file.

Connection properties:

MobileEngine.Sync.Gateway.Protocol = <protocol>

MobileEngine.Sync.Gateway.Host = <host>

MobileEngine.Sync.Gateway.Port = <port>

MobileEngine.Sync.Gateway.System = <system>

MobileEngine.Sync.Client = <client>

MobileEngine.Sync.Language = <language>

Runtime properties:

MobileEngine.Runtime.Host=localhost.wdf.sap.corp

User Management properties:

MobileEngine.UM.SingleUserMode=true

SAP logon ticket support properties:

MobileEngine.UM.SAPLogonTicketSupport=true

MobileEngine.UM.SAPLogonTicketBackgroundRequest=false

MobileEngine.UM.SAPLogonTicketRequestURL=(Active request URL)

MobileEngine.UM.SAPLogonTicketWaitingRefresh=3

MobileEngine.UM.SAPLogonTicketRequestTimeout=60

SAP Application Synchronization property:

MobileEngine.UI.SapLogonTicketApplicationSync=true

Save the config file and start the MI.

This would ask you to login with the portal user name and password.

Check if you are able to logon/Sync....

Best Regards,

Amith.R

kevin_zonts
Explorer
0 Kudos

Randy,

Did you ever find a solution for this? We want to do the same thing.

Thanks,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Randy,

on which operating system are the handhelds based on?

As far as i know you can only use SSO-Tickets on WIN32-Systems. On other Client systems(Palm,WinCE) you cant use SSO-Tickets.

Regards

Frank Brackmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running Windows 2003 Mobile on Symbol 9060-G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I think SSO-Ticket will not work on your mobile devices. It only works on Win32 based Systems(eg. Laptops with WIN2000 or XP). Please have a look at the prerequisites for using SSO on mobile devices.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/80fa40badbf56fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

the Link is for MI-Client,but the client prerequisites should be the same.

Regards

Frank Brackmann

My Message from Nov 2005 is not more up to date

With MI 2.5 SP14 SAP started supporting SSO for MI also for PPC-Clients(but only AWT)

Message was edited by: Frank Brackmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is that WebSAPConsole is not integrated with MI. WSC is middleware that connects a R/3 system issuing WinGui screens and converts them to HTML for display on a scanner. In general, does anyone know or can suggest a way to implement single-signon with WSC... even if we need to rig the system. Thanks so much for your help.