cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AddOn for GIS functionality with MAU application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been following Note: 885914 for making the GIS functionality work with my MAU Application.

In the 4th point of this note, I have to create a zip file, which I do with the components and ZIP paths, as specified.

(One zip path to be specified is META-INF\ and in my zip file it is meta-inf\ - i.e. the difference in caps - Can this make a difference?).

I then convert this zip file into an .sda and then try to deploy it on my Mobile Client.

The Installation is failing.

This is the message which it shows in logs and trace:

InstallationException: Cannot extract file from installation archive.

Can somebody tell me what can be the problem can be...

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

As a result of deployment or copying files directly you need to have on the device:

1. C:\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure\webapps\APP_NAME\signature -> mamsignapplet.* and signaturecapture.*

This two files have to be either CAB or JAR depending on the JVM used (it is explained in the note you have mentioned). They have to be "signed" as well if you run on laptop.

2. C:\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure\webapps\APP_NAME\WEB-INF\lib - signaturecapture.jar

Regards,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LArissa,

why do I need Signature Capturing JARS for GIS?? In my understanding GIS is the service to display maps on the device?

Regards,

Oliver

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Geez, I guess I was not too much awake when I wrote THAT answer.

You are, of course, correct - I listed required components to run signature capture, not GIS.

For GIS there are usually two deployable components (or copied to the appropriate places manually):

1. C:\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure\webapps\APP_NAME\WEB-INF\lib\gis.jar

2. GIS provider implementation for SAP GIS interface. In case, you are using ArcPad you have to download it fro their web-site. For AprcPad 6.0 that implementation was provided in a form of ShellExe.dll that has to reside in \Windows directory and be registered.

Plus, to be able to run it, third party GIS (f.e. ArcPad) software has to be installed on the device with all the appropriate maps.

Sorry for the confusion,

Larissa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larissa,

Thanks for all the information. It surely is helpful.

My maps are working fine now and I am able to display the equipments in my MI Client on the maps in ArcPAD.

The application install which was failing on my client, is still failing but I dont seem to need it, coz I have the gis.jar file in the appropriate folder.

So everything's fine

Ankur

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

I would advice you to try your files puting them directly into the proper directories without deployign from the middleware (after all that is exactly what happens after you deployed).

In this case you will eliminate the possibility that files you are trying to use are corrupt or are the right ones.

Regards,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larissa,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you guide me a bit more as to what are the proper directories in which I should place my files and if anything else needs to be done.

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you get the folder names and files directly form the description how to create the ZIP file. The folders mentioned there are available on the MI installation. So instead of creating the ZIP file, put the files directly into the folders mentioned in the note.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Oliver