cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paper size Problem in smartforms(URGENT)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The problem is, i need to take print on A5 size paper on dat matrix. The standard paper size for A5 is width 148 MM X height 210 MM in SAP but the paper used on dot matrix printer is A4 size tinted paper with (width210mm X height 148 MM.)(i. e. two A5 pages in one A4 sheet) i tried the landscape & portrait options. if i am using A5 page format the printer skips the paper by the height of sap size that is 210 MM. If i use A4 page format then the printer skips by a4 height leaving one paper sheet blank. it then prints next document on third sheet.

how to use dynamic page-break in this case.

or any other solution.

suitable answer will be rewarded.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

MAHESH

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The problem is solved now. The printer was not interpreting A5 page format correctly. i used the INC6 page format and now it is printing correctly.

thanks for the tips.

regards,

MAHESH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Problem of Skipping Paper in Printer can be solved by this.

If your using Windows Operating system.

Goto START->Setting->Printers

Right click on your printer icon and select printing preference and

change the paper size into A5.if it is not avaliable create one Page size of your a5

and then select it.THIS WILL WORK for any printer.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks rajesh,

i tried it already. i am using dotmtrix printer and there is no option to define custom paper size in settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

In SPAD you got an option to create a new page format. Actually this is a Basis activity. If possible you can do this, Or consult some Basis guy.

Regards,

Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As replied by Swapnil you need to create page format for the same.

You can do this in transaction SPAD.

path: SPADFULL ADMINISTRATION BUTTONDEVICE TYPE TAB

Click the page formats button and all those existing will be displayed. Click on change icon and now you can create your own page format.

After this page format is created you need to create a format type. In the device types tab only you have format types button click on that and then create a new page format, while creating link the new page format that you have created to this format that you are creating now.

After this is done assign the page format to the output device, this also is done in the device types tab.

Finally you can use this page format in your scripts/smarforms.

Hope this is clear.

Regards,

Narendra.