cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quatation Vs Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I created a Quatation for qty 100. with reference to this Quatation i created a Sales order for qty 70.

Now while i creating one more Sales order with respect to the same Quatation it is showing the open qty as 30, but when i try to change the open qty from 30 to 50 the system is allowing me give mor qty against to the respective Quatation .

in this i want to restrict to the system to allow more qty against the Quatation , how can i restrict?

Cheers,

Sumith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

Go to VTAA >>select docs>> Schedule lines--->> select your schedule line & put copying requirement 501.

This will solve your problem.

Regards;

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi go to VTAA,

Select ur document typpe and check whether u have marked Complete Reference Indicator or not

Complete reference indicator

Indicates whether the system copies the source document completely.

Procedure

If you mark the field, the system copies the source document into the target document completely. The system also copies the complete reference indicator. You cannot change the indicator in the target document.

Example

You mark a quotation for complete reference and you then copy the quotation into a sales order. Later, if you try to change an order quantity or to delete an item, the system sends a message.

Regard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is simple logic.

When you create a quotation of 100 qty , it will only enable you to create a sales order of 100 qty if you are using it as your reference document.

If you want to use 120 qty in sales order, create a quotation of 120 qty and then refer it.

You can only create the qty in order as to the qty given in the quotation which you are referring.

If you still want this scenario, please elaborate on the requirement of such a scenario, might be able to find an able solution to it.

regards,

Siddharth.

Edited by: SD on Apr 9, 2008 1:46 PM

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as i understood,

system shouldnt allow the qtty in order which is available in quotation.

after taking full qtty reference- quotation will be completed.

but at the time of placing order for 50 qtty( where as in quotation only 30 qtty available,70 qtty already took the reference in previous transactions)- system is displaying message as " target qtty reached"

but as per req- system should give error message as ,"order qtty is exceeded by x qtty from the ref doc" & shouldnt allow to create sales order.

i think, user shold consult abaper to write a coding- so that while creating sales order with ref to the quotation- system has to check the available qtty & should give error message,if the order qtty exceeds the ref qtty" -

hope it helps.

awaiting for other inputs