cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody tell me what ROLE should developer have to use the function Release Transfer in IR. When I use release transfer, it says No authorization for this action! OR If I want use this function what should our basis guys do?

Thank You

Indrasena R.Janga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indrasena,

ask your basis team to assign your user id to <b>sap.com/com.sap.xi.repository*aii_ibrep_sbeans.jar</b> -> <b>administer</b> security role,

Your basis person could assign SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE role but this may not confine to the company rules.

The first option is the best one.

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan,

It did work man! Thank you.

Indrasena R. Janga

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are welcome. I am glad it worked.

regards

Shravan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SU53 does not tell what role it is missing on Java stack.

I tried assigning each role,then finally it is working with SAP_XI_ADMINSTRATOR role.

I did not do further research to see which security object it is accessing.

Hope this helps.

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your're right su53 won't give you the role that is missing. It's an indirect way to find out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Emmett,

SU53 works only when you are working on the ABAP Stack. (It does not mention what role, but it will show the authorization objects which are missing).

For any authorization issues on Java stack, the way I know is to go to the Visual Admin logs.

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

Thank you for your time and information.

Indrasena R.Janga

Former Member
0 Kudos

What Michal said is the easiest way, but if you Basis team wants more details then just do this....

To find out exactly with Role you're missing just use transaction su53. It will display User Authorization info. You'll see where it says "You are not authorized to...." Someone from you Basis team should be able to find out which Role has the missing object. Then they would just add you to the Role. This is assuming you have access to su53.

- Emmett

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried:

SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE,

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE,

SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR_J2EE

you can also try: SAP_J2EE_ADMIN

Regards,

michal