Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the difference between PROCESS INTEGRATION & INTEGARTION PROCESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey All

I was just going through one of the tutorials provided in

http://www.help.sap.com , its related to Process Integartion Scenario and i also came across one more tutorial related to Integration Process.

For * Process Integration* it was there like *A Process Integration scenario is a design object of the Enterprise Services Builder, is uniquely identified by a name and a namespace, and is subject to versioning.*

url : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/ec/21ee117a909f44a8b69794b9ed6221/content.htm

for Integration Process it was +*An integration process is an executable cross-system process for processing messages. In an integration process you define all the process steps to be executed and the parameters relevant for controlling the process.

You apply integration processes when you want to define, control, and monitor complex business processes that extend across enterprise and application boundaries. The design and processing of integration processes is also known as cross-component Business Process Management (cross-component BPM, ccBPM), or service orchestration.

+*

url :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/3c/831620a4f1044dba38b370f77835cc/content.htm

So my question is , whether both are same or different , as far my view it different , i think integration processes is one of term inside Process integration as told in URL , please guys see to this

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Process Integration(PI)/XI is a generic term that is used to refer the Integration Broker of the Netweaver Architecture

Integration process (IP) refers to BPM.

i think integration processes is one of term inside Process integration

yes. u are right.

regards

krishna

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

Process Integration is third layer of SAP NETWEAVER which is called XI also(exchange Infrastructure)

while the term *Integration process * is used in CCBPM

this word is mainly used for cross component integration of processes This is same as business process but to avoid confusion in CCBPM we are using term Integration Process

hope this simple difference has make you clear both these terms

Regards

sandeep

PS if helpful kindly reward points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IP is nothing but BPM..And

IPS ( Integration Porcess Scenario ) is where you creates the swim lane for defining the process flow in Integration Repository. It is called as Integration Scenario.

This may help you to understand the Integaraion Scenario.

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/27/modeling-integration-scenario146s-in-xi

Regards,

Sarvesh

Edited by: Sarvesh Singh on Apr 9, 2008 4:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Yes, All are different.

Process Integration is the name of the SAP's product which was earlier known as XI.

Process Integration scenario is the the end to end graphical scenario which you can create and provide all your configurations at place. Inside PI, you can create a PI scenario.

Integration Process is ccBPM which is again present inside PI.

It is based on BPEL where you can design your stateful processes which includes more than 2 systems.

You can also show Integration Process under graphical representation of PI scenario.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Integration process (IP) refers to BPM. you will find the IP in the ccBPM, Business Process Management.

An integration process is an executable, cross-system process for processing messages.

Process Integration(PI), Now Xi is known as Process Integration PI is a term that is used to in the Integration Broker of the NetWeaver Architecture.

View the below link you will get the related more information.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/bf37423cf7ab04e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

hope you got your solution.

Regards

Anil

Edited by: Venkat Anil Gannavarapu on Apr 9, 2008 1:13 PM

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

whether both are same or different

yes both are different.

Integration process (BPM) is part of the PI.

Regards

Rao