cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM-MDM Catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have done all the SRM-MDM Standard Configuration settings and able to see Web based catalog.

We are unable to understand what would be the next step once you added items to Shopping cart --> Shopping Cart Preview --> We are not getting any “Create Shopping Cart” Button and also once we click on “Transfer Items” the next screen give the message ‘’NOT EXIST’.

Regards,

Priti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

Once you are into shopping cart preview, the next sept is to transfer items; as you said you are getting error when you select that, that means that you have some configuration issue; please rechek all the configuration related issue. Basically after you select the transfer item, it asks some question depending on the purchase type of the item, and then you move to the second step of shopping, where in you select check-->continue and then order your cart.

Cheers & Regards,

Cherry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cherry,

We are not able to figure out which configuration step is missing.

Following configuration was done for SRM-MDM Catalog.

1) We had downloaded SRM-MDM Catalog 2.0 from service marketplace

2) We installed WAS on MDM server with J2EE.

3) We delpoyed the business package for SRM-MDM Cat and installed JAVA API's. This was available in the software.

This was deployed and installed on MDM server.

and then we got the URL ..

http://<SERVER NAME>:<PORT>/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM?

4) Do we have to deploy the business content and the JAVA API's on SRM server or on MDM server

5) Our objective is to get create shopping cart button

Please advice.

Regards,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priti,

As I have told you before, you have to configure the external webservice in SRM System as per describe in the config guide of SRM-MDM Catalog.

You should deploy the JAVA API File and search UI file which is present in the business content on any WAS 7.0 and above.

After deploying these files, you can use this link to configure your catalog look n feel as per the req:

http://Server Name:PortNo/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcmdmsrmcat~uisearch/MDM_SRM_UI_App

Please refer the SRM-MDM Catalog guides which are avialable on the SMP.

hope this will help you.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

Have you deployed both files in listed order on any web server (SAP NW AS J2EE) that is:

1. SCA file with API and Connector (File Name: MDMJAVAAPI05_2.sca)

2. SCA file for search and configuration UI (File Name: SRMMDMCAT00_0.sca)

you can check those files whether these have been successfully deployed or not via following link: For SRM-MDM Catalog 2.0

http://servername:port/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcmdmsrmcat~uisearch/MDM_SRM_UI_App

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Edited by: Mandeep Saini on Apr 11, 2008 10:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Please let me know where we need to deploy the JAVA API and Search UI on MDM server or on SRM server?

Currently we have deployed on MDM server.

Is that the reason

when I click on "Transfer Items" push button I am getting

message as below :

404 Not Found

The requested source does not exist.

We still do not have link between SRM and MDM system and we are not able to create shopping cart.

Pl advice

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priti,

You can deploy these file on any Web Application Server 7.0 and above Usingg SDM.

And in the configuration or link which i have provided you, you have to specify that server name and port on which you have deployed these files.

I am getting message as below :

404 Not Found.

This is the Java code related error. It is because of only source file does not exixt on the server.

hope this will clear your doubt.

Any further info, please let me know.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Yes, then we have done right we have deployed these

files on WAS 7.0.

My following link is also working :

http://<SERVER NAME>:<PORT>/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM?username=User1&password=&server=<SERVER NAME>&port=<PORT>&catalog=<REPOSITORY NAME>&uilanguage=EN&datalanguage=EN&namedSearch=

we are able to add items to shopping cart, preview the shopping cart. My only thing is how this catalogs in the shopping cart will talk to SRM system?

In my configuration this URL is working independently of SRM ... then how it will talk to SRM system ?

pl advice

Priti