Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Sales

former_member387318
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have a scenario where I need to send sample for manufactured goods and traded goods.. For manufatcured goods although its FOC, I need to pay excise where for traded items no excise is involve.. In such scenario, can this both scenario share the same pricing procedure and order type or I need to create a new order type and pricing procedure?

Pls advise...Thank you...

Rgds..Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjay

You can maintain the same document type and pricing procedure for both exciseable and non-exciseable items. For exciseable item, maintain the required value in J1ID and dont maintain for the other one which is non-exciseable.

By doing so, if you create a sale order for both these items, one item will capture duty and the other one will not which will be copied into your billing also. Of course, in billing output, you need to show a text that which item is exciseable and which item is non excisable as per Central Excise regulations. If this proposal is acceptable to client, then you can follow the same. In some cases, client would insist for a seperate billing and in that case also, there is no need to create seperate documents types and pricing procedure. As I said before, dont maintain the relevant data in J1ID for traded goods.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Is it possible to carry out billing split based on the value of excise condition types in the sales order? i.e. if the excise value is zero for an item, it should go for a separate invoice.

Please inform possibility.

Regards,

Peeyoosh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Peeyoosh Jain

If the chapter id is different for each material code, then yes we can do split the invoice using routine 351 in VTFL - Data VBRK/VBRP

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks. This is the solution I was looking for.

Regards,

Peeyoosh.

former_member387318
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi

Thanks for yr reply..

Since I do not maintain non-exciseable goods in J1ID, I will get a message "Maintain the chapter ID for material XXXXXX J_1IMTCHID" whenever I create sample order for non-exciseable goods since Im using the same pricing procedure for exciseable and non-exciseable goods. Is this OK?

For sample order it is similar like FOC order where it does not have billing but a proforma invoice. When there is an excise I would still be able to create an excise invoice with reference to proforma invoice but teh accounting docuemnt cannot be displayed in the SD docuemnt flow.. For normal factory sales, the accounting document for excise can be shown in SD document flow.. Is this normal for proforma invoice?

Rgds..Sanjay

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjay Gupta

1) Yes system will just give you a caution that you have not maintained the required details in J1ID. Just keep continuing. There is nothing wrong in that.

2) You are right for sample sales, you need not pass on the document to FI and it is enough if you create proforma for the same. But ensure that the relevant excise duty (if applicable) is accounted in FI, if the sample sales is made within India.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member387318
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi

Thanks for yr reply..

I have another question.. In pricing procedure, how can we reflect the net value and tax as zero but also we need to have excise value?

Pls advise..

Sanjay

former_member387318
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus

Can someone pls help?

In pricing procedure, how can we reflect the net value and tax as zero but also we need to have excise value?

Pls advise..

Sanjay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sample Sales Order Cycle:-

Step 1: Sales Document Type

IMG > Sales and Distribution > Sales > Sales Documents >

Sales Document Header:

1. Sales Document Type:The sales document types represent the different business transactions, such as Inquiry, Quotation, Sales Order, etc. To create new sales order type, always copy as with reference to similar sales order. If possible use standard sales order. Ensure to use a new Document Pricing Procedure, so that different Pricing Procedure can be determined. In the new Pricing procedure, maintain all steps as Statistical, except Excise Conditions.

2. Define Number Ranges For Sales Documents: Maintain number range with discussion with core team.

3. Assign Sales Area To Sales Document Types:

A. Combine sales organizations / Combine distribution channels / Combine divisions: Ensure to maintain these, else Sales Order creation will give error.

B. Assign sales order types permitted for sales areas: Assign only required Sales Order Types to required Sales Area. This will minimize selection of Sales Order Type as per sales area.

Sales Document Item:

1. Define Item Categories: If possible use Standard Item Category. Incase if required to create new, copy as from standard & maintain New.

2. Assign Item Categories: If possible, use standard. Formula for deriving item category: Sales Document Type + Item Category Group + Usage + Higher Level Item Category = Item Category

Schedule Line:

1. Define Schedule Line Categories: If possible use Standard Schedule Lines. Incase if required to create new, copy as from standard & maintain New.

2. Assign Schedule Line Categories: If possible, use standard. Formula for deriving Schedule Line: Item Category + MRP Type / No MRP Type.

Step 2:

IMG > Logistic Execution > Shipping > Deliveries >

1. Define Delivery Types: If possible use Standard Delivery Type. Incase if required to create new, copy as from standard & maintain New.

2. Define Item Categories for Deliveries: If possible use Standard Item Categories for Delivery Type. Incase if required to create new, copy as from standard & maintain New.

3. Define Number Ranges for Deliveries: Ensure to maintain number range.

Step 3:

IMG > Sales and Distribution > Billing >

1. Define Billing Types: If possible use Standard Billing Type. Incase if required to create new, copy as from standard & maintain New.

2. Define Number Range For Billing Documents: Ensure to maintain number range.

3. Maintain Copying Control For Billing Documents: Maintain relevant copy controls such as Sales Order to Billing, Deliver to Billing, etc.

Note: Ensure that Copy Control settings are done

Sales Order to Sales Order (QT --> OR): VTAA

Sales Order to Delivery (OR --> LF): VTLA

Sales Order to Billing (OR --> F1): VTFA

Delivery to Billing(LF --> F2): VTFL

Billing to Sales Order (F2 --> RE): VTAF

The configuration differs from scenario to scenario & requirement of the client.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward point if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 3 scenarios:

1 is sample goods scenario.

2 is traded goods scenario.

3 is manufactured goods scenario.

for 1st one you can just attach it with the trade scenario with item category as TANN or as a free item by maintaining it in the free goods master data.

2nd one requires a different pricing procedure as you are not going to go for excise scenario in it.

the sales doc type may be the same for 2nd and 3rd one.

for 3rd you have to configure cin as it would involve excise duties.

regards,

Siddharth.