Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block MRP for Sale order

chetan_b
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI friends,

My client has following requirement.

we are using MTO scenario.after creation of sale order these SO is checked by senior sale manager then he approved the sales order after that it is possible to start run MRP.How I can achieve this ?

REgards,

Chetan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chetan,

By my knowledge I m just trying to understand ur problem that u want to stop system by transfering requirement to md04.

If we remove procurement type from sales order header that is requirement type & after checking by senior managers we can put the same & do TOR.

Its not like solution bt i have attemted.

Thanks & Regards

Nitin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi chetan

Hi nitin , for an MTO order availability check doesnt take place

So ,chetan coming to your requirement , as you are doing MTO order , i think it is an one time order which happens once in a while . so manually block that MTO order .

Now put a mail to your senior manager to check the MTO order . if your senior manager says , to proceed then , go to VKM3 and release the order by removing that block . now save it and this order will be passed on to production planning consultants . that is now this order will go to MD04 where PP consultants will check the MTO order and there requirements they need. . now it is the duty of the PP consultants to proceed further.

Regards

Srinath

chetan_b
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for reply,can you please tell me how can I mannualy block the SO.

Regards,

Chetan

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi chetan

go to item level -> status -> there you can find status open/completed and other feilds there you can block

another option is go to VOV8 , maintain sales document type as ZOR for MTO orders and put a block- block option is there .activate it

So when ever you want create a MTO order create with ZOR ,automatically it gets blocked ,so for normal sales orders you can proceed with OR document type

Regards

Srinath

Edited by: sri nath on Apr 10, 2008 6:27 AM

chetan_b
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Their is no block option on status tab.only rejection option and its not working

Regards,

Chetan

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chetan

Please check SPRO->Sales and Distribution->Basic Functions->Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements->Transfer of Requirements->Block Quantity Confirmation In Delivery Blocks

There in second selection Reasons for and Scope of Deliv.Blocks: Transfer of Req.Block

Where you can put confirmation block for particular delevery block.

It says

Block Quantity Confirmation In Delivery Blocks

When requirements are transferred to MRP, the confirmed quantity is also reserved for confirmed sales documents. If a transaction is blocked for delivery, the required stock will be blocked so it cannot be used elsewhere. To prevent this, you can block the transfer of requirements for a delivery block in this step.

In this case, the ordered quantity will still be transferred to MRP as a requirement but the quantity will not be reserved. This is apparent in the document when no confirmed quantities are available after saving

When the block is removed, the system automatically carries out an availability check.

So in sales order you can have deliery block either in VOV8, it can also be enterd in VA02 by edit->Fast Change-> Delivery block. and along with Confirmation check box requirements will not be transferred

Please check and confirm it is as per your requirement?

Regards

Jitesh

chetan_b
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Jitesh I want know the athorized person release SO. he has to remove block indicator in va02 ?

Regards,

Chetan

chetan_b
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I have manually block delivery in SO for credit limit but.When I am trying to release SO in VKM3 the block indicatore is not changed ?

Regards,

Chetan