Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed HR Structure Authorization: should not be possible

l_borsboom
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I've got a strange problem which is quite similar to [this one|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=10542618&messageID=4893986], but the difference is that my userid does not have an entry in OOSB (T77UA) so it should not have missing HR Structure Authorizations because the general principle in the HR Structure is: No profile - No restrictions.

However, this user is restricted, but not for all records. The restrictions seem very random.

It seems that the userid itsself causes the problem. The account has been copied from another account. If you copy this account to any other userid then the problem does not occur, but I have to use this particular one because it is the official userid (personnel number).

As I said earlier, OOSB is empty and also infotype 0105 (Communication) is set properly.

I even tried to delete and re-create the userid completely but this did not help.

It looks like there are some 'hidden entries' in table T77UA or another table setting for this userid that I am not aware of. Could anyone help me out her?

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Lodewijk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lodewijk,

Have you tried running a trace (ST01) in the background while testing? If so, what are the results for the different authorization checks?

Jurjen

9 REPLIES 9

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lodewijk,

Have you tried running a trace (ST01) in the background while testing? If so, what are the results for the different authorization checks?

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

Thanks for your quick response.

I forgot to mention that I already tried ST01. All checks were succesful. The HR Structure checks are not shown there (only in SU53).

Lodewijk

0 Kudos

Hi Lodewijk,

You say your problem is similar to the one you're referring to in your initial post. Does that mean that you also get an error message saying:

The last authorization check was successful

Failed HR Structure Authorizations

Date xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Nice to hear from you!

That's right. You can watch the screenprint [here|http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2300/2400001561_861299bd34_o.jpg].

Kind regards,

Lodewijk

0 Kudos

Hi Lodewijk,

Nice to hear from you again as well!

As I understand it, you are using contextual authorizations? Are you also using the BAdI (HRBAS00_GET_PROFL)?

You may want to try adding the structural ALL profile to your specific user ID (00765040) in T77UA and see if this user is still restricted?

Good luck!

Dimitri

0 Kudos

No, Contextual Authorization still has not been implemented in our Production System (working on that right now). But I tried adding an removing structural profile ALL as well, but with no positive results

0 Kudos

It is really not clear to me what can cause this, apart from the fact that the user ID may still be stored in the T77UU (INDX) table.

if the user is still in this table try deleting it by running RHBAUS02.

I hope this helps...

Dimitri.

0 Kudos

This solved my problem!

I had to add a structural profile to this user and then I was able to delete the entry for this userid with the report (there were only 2 entries in this table!).

Can you explain how this may have happened?

Thank you!

Lodewijk

0 Kudos

my guess is that you have run report RHBAUS00 (or RHBAUS02 with INSERT option) for this specific user some time ago. I assume the other user in the table was SAP*?

anyway, I'm glad you were able to solve this issue.

take care,

dimitri