cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ITSmobile "GEN_" commands

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP developers,

I am a software developer, not really a SAP person, and I'm looking for an answer regarding templates in SAP ITS Mobile.

We are trying to generate transaction pages for a mobile device using SAP Dynpros, SAP Web Application Builder, Internet Service ITSGENMOBILE (just to give you some kind of context). These pages are typically generated dynamically, but there is also a way to statically generate the transaction pages. (I believe this refers to the layout only, not the content.) The difference is as follows:

• Dynamically generated pages for mobile devices use CSS heavily for positioning of all elements. This is generally okay, but the mobile device we are supposed to run those pages renders the transaction pages veeery slowly (up to 10 seconds for a page).

• Statically generated pages are based on templates in the Web Application Builder (IIRC), and SAP's default templates use tables heavily. (Their approach is to generate a fixed grid of, say, 46 columns and use "colspan" and "rowspan" heavily, with inline use of "style" attributes in HTML tags. The style attribute value is generated using the "GEN_COLUMNS", "GEN_ROWS" commands in the template.)

We would now like to try generating clean static pages using CSS absolute positioning, but I need to know what "GEN_" commands are available in SAP (Web Application Builder). (Maybe "GEN_POSITION" or so? If they are to be defined somewhere in ABAP, then where?)

Can anyone of you help me to find out what "GEN_" commands there are available in SAP for those templates? I couldn't find anything on the web, and I need to give an estimate before we try to implement the thing, of course.

Thanks a lot, Peter

System Information:

• SAP/ITS: SAP ECC 6.0, R/3 Release 7.0, Netweaver 7.0

• Browser: Internet Explorer (Mobile)

• Mobile device: Symbol 3090 (MC 3000)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

one question:

Why do you dont debug it?

Set a Break-Point at

CL_ITS_GENERATE_HTML_MOBILE->_get_from_template

and create a new template.

For more question contact me over mail if you want to use a position-driven (pixel-driven) generator.

Bye

Christoph