cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving business graphics into XL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a possibility to save the Business graphics , images , Business Charts into an XL file from a WebDynPro ABAP Application?

Thanks,

Prasath N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Business Graphics are created in XML Format only and u an download the MIME object to ur PC in the Original formats only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or can i save my generated graphics as a Jpeg or PDF? Any pointers on the same?

Thanks,

Prasath N

kai_gutenkunst
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could use class CL_IGS_CHART_ENGINE directly (instead of the UI element) and let the IGS create the image as an e.g. JPG.

Regards, Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please eloborate on where should i instantiate and use this class in my webdynpro component?

Regards,

Prasath N

kai_gutenkunst
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasath,

as this class is totally independent from Web Dynpro it belongs to you where to use it in your application. Create an instance of this class, provide data and customizing and let the IGS render the chart. Finally you ask the instance for the image and e.g. save it.

A good starting point is the SAP Chart Designer that you can download from the SDN downloads page. As part of the package you will find documenation about the data XML. Create the customizing XML by interactively designing your chart and save the settings as XML.

Regards, Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

Thanks for your reply. I would try that and get back to you.

Also do you have any help links/sample codes that can be helpful to us?

Thanks,

Prasath N

kai_gutenkunst
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See report GRAPHICS_IGS_CE_TEST.

Regards, Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kai. This works perfectly. Now i am able to downlaod the file as JPG.

Similarly i need to know if there is a possibility to move this image to XL and PDF. Any suggestions on this?

Regards,

Prasath N

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

More details requested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed.