cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File-XI-SAP Control/Audit Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any suggestions on the best way to obtain a control report when inputting data into SAP via XI.

For example. Input file contains five records each containing a field with a value of 100. I need a summary report containing a line to say - Total value = 500. Pretty simple requirement when just using ABAP to read a file and process it, but XI.....

I think there are several options but I would like some advice. Options as I see it are :

1. Pass whole file as a single payload into SAP, and process almost as I would have done using traditional ABAP logic.

2. Individual IDOC's for each record then have a separate report to evaluate the IDOC's. In which case I would need a way of recording which IDOC's came from which file....

3. Use a BPM to trigger the control report either pre or post file processing.

Any practical advice greatly appreciated.

Nigel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nigel,

>>>>3. Use a BPM to trigger the control report either pre or post file processing

in my opinion this one is the most flexible, why?

because this way you separate standard communication logic from the audit reporting

if your audit reporting needs will change you don't have to touch the standard communication just change

the "pre or post file processing"

but obviously it also depends on your scenario:

number of messages, BPM usage, etc...

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you suggestion Michal. What if the control report needs to contain details of successful posting and or data / transaction errors.

Thanks Nigel

Answers (0)