cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anonymous login for VC applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

how can I achieve anonymous access to a Visual Composer application. It is described in the CE7.1 library for anonymous portal login but not for VC. Can anybody help?

Regards,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Personally I haven't tried this myself, but I believe integrating a VC application into a Portal that has been configured for anonymous access should in turn enable anonymous access for the VC app as well. I believe it uses a "guest" user under the covers. Good luck and let us know if it works.

Thanks!

Rao

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello everybody,

i'm working with portal 7.3 and i want use VC application for anonymous use.

I tried to follow the NAtty suggestion but in my server i don't find any .ear file. Only war!

I tried to change wdrr.xml file inside the .war but without result.

I also tried to use NWDS (with VC prospective) new version and  import there my VC application. I modified the wdrr file there but every time i execute the deploy, nwds rebuild application and restore wdrr file with standard paramenters.

Does someone can halp me? thanks

Alex

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

VC currently generates the deployable application with SAPs standard security level (which means that you have to logon). This is not configurableHowever, you can workaround this problem by changing

an attribute inside an XML file in the deployable .ear file and then redeploying the .ear. note, that this needs to be done each time you're deploying, since the .ear file is being overwritten for each deploy.

Here's what needs to be done:

1. Locate the temporary folder that the .ear file is being written to. The folder is located in the following path:

\usr\sap\<SID>\J<XX>\j2ee\temp\devserver\<vendor>\<model name>_impl\gen\deploy\<user>\deploy<auto generated number>\<model name>_impl.ear

2. Open the .ear file in winrar (or equivalent).

3. Drag and extract the .war file that's inside to some folder.

4. Open this file in winrar.

5. drill into WEB-INF\webdynpro\Applications\* (you should do this to all models you know the model will access).

6. Extract the wdrr.xml file to some folder.

7. Open the file in a text editor and look for the following string: name="sap.authentication"

8. Change its value to "false".

9. delete the old file from the .war file (inside winrar). This step is important! Delete the file - don't just replace it

10. Drag and drop the new wdrr.xml to the war file and close it.

11. Delete the old .war file from the .ear file (inside winrar).This step is important! Delete the file - don't just replace it

12. Drag and drop the .war file onto the .ear file.

13. Deploy the .ear file (using Telnet or IDE).

Please note that this is a workaround and not a standard solution

I hope this helps,

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natty,

is this approach still valid in CE 7.2?

Thanks,

Kevin

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Yes it is

Best regards,

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natty,

wouldn't that be handy to include it as a standard functionality?

Best regards,

Kevin

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

It's already in the list for the next version

Best regards,

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

thanks for your answer. I don't want to include the VC application into the portal so anonymous authentication there is not useful in my case. However, there should be a way to access a stand-alone VC application without authentication. Has anybody tried this before?

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Is your question answered already? I'm having the same question.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also having this problem. I can set up an anonymous portal but require anonymous access to a Visual Composer application. Has this been resolved?