SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empties Processing -IS Retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I had created a Article as Full product with Material Type "VOLL" and two empties articles with Material Type "LGUT". In Full product (Basic Data view) i had activated "with empties BOM".

While creating Purchase Order, when i entered the full product, automatically the two components had exploded but the Return item is not activated for the Empties material.

Can any one please tell, what customising to be done so that automatically Return item to be activated for Empties articles when i enter Full product the Purchase Order.

Regards,

Bala

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with goods movement for the same PO.

It may not be possible to change in the PO.

But if you do GR for the PO the system will take the movement of the Parent article (Full Product).

Regards,

Shakthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sakthi,

Actually, i done as per the Empties processing Building Block, as per the BPPs:

Process Flow is:

Step 1: Assigin empties articles to Full products as component in Basic Data View in Article Master Record (T.code:MM42)

Step 2: Create Purchase order for full product to External Vendor, automatically the componenets has be to exploded with Return item active. (only components will be marked as Return Active)

Step 3: Goods Receipt from Vendor to DC.

Step 4: Stock Transport Order from DC to Store. ( Here also, components will be activated as Return Item)

Step 5: Goods Receipt in Store

Step 6: Return the empties articles (component) to DC. (T.Code: MB01 )

In my case, since the Return Item is not activated for components in Purchaser order or STO, i not able to return the empties in T.Code:MB01

If, required please give ur mail id, i will send the BPP document for Empties Processing to you id.

Thanks

Bala

0 Kudos

Hi bala,

can you please provide me the settings required for the same.

I am facing same problem.

I have created the PO successfully..but as u mentioned, it is not populated with return indicator ticked.

I am not able to cancel the goods receipt done for this PO.

Pl help.

Edited by: sagar chorge on Mar 2, 2011 11:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Is Empties processing activated in Customizisation?

Materials Management>>General Settings for Materials Management>>Activate Empties Processing.

Also go thro 81624 for Empties processing.

Regards,

Shakthi.

tim_ibe
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

the empties lines that get exploded in the order are the quantities of empties that are physically bound to the full product (e.g. the bottles and crates that contain the beer). Obviously you can't return them when you order the full product. If you want to return "empty empties" please enter seperate order lines for the empties article numbers, then you should be able to set the returns flag.

Regards,

Tim.