cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Public Part from DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a DC "one" with a view and component and put the component to the public part. This works so far.

Now, in an other DC "two" I Add the DC "one" as used DC's.

The problem is, that I don't know how can I add now the view from DC "one into my ViewContainerUI Element in DC "two"?

Pls help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

please go through following steps.

1. create a new used web dynpro component in DC 'two'. it will show you DC 'one' shared component, select it.

2. After when you'll try to embade new view choose option

Embade interface view of component instance.

before that chek wheather you created inbound(default plug will be there already) and outbound plugs in interface view controller of DC 'one'

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think the reason you cannot see the view of the child("one") DC, is because:

1. After creating the public part of the child("one") DC, you need to rebuild the child("one") DC, do a DC>build & a DC>Deploy, & preferably, check-in the activity for that child("one") DC.

2. Now sync the used-DCs of your parent("two") DC, or remove & add the public part of the child("one") DC again.

3. go to the "used webdynpro components" & create the component-usage of the child("one") DC.

The first step is the most important step, when it comes to parent-child DC dependancy, that you are tying to achieve.

Now you will be able to see the interface view, & be able to embed the interface view.

(Follow the process to do this embedding, as is mentioned by the others in this thread).

Let me know if you still cant see the interface view.

Regards,

Hanoz

Edited by: Hanoz Tarapore on Apr 10, 2008 3:53 PM

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

u have a Dc Component A which u have exposed to the public part.now go to the other dc B >usedComponent(Right Click)>showIn-->Component Properties .

select Dependcies tab and click add , a popup with the all dc Component is diaplayed . now u have to choose the Dc A and add the Dc A .finally u have to buil both the Component.(Used Component-->build .)

after doing this , add used Component(Dc A in DC B)

usedComponent-->Add Component.

select the Dc A and give the Component usage name .

finally open the window and click embed Interface View , select the DC A Interface View .

thanks and regards

fazal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To do this carry out the following steps:

1. Add the DC one as used WebDynpro Components in DC two using Data Modeler.

2. Once you carryout the step 1, DC one's window will become available to you and you can do the navigation linking between them to use the the iview from DC one.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The view from DC "one" is not visible in Window from DC "two".

I think I have to add DC "one" as used WebDynpro Component in DC "two" how Ravi said.

But I don't know how?

I Tried:

1. Component from DC "one" -> DataModeler

2. Used WebDynpro Components -> right click

3. Embed Component

4. ??? -> Component from DC "one" don't appears when I browse

Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If DC one is not appearing there it means it's not able to reference DC one. Please ensure that you have created the public part of DC one as compilation type. After that you do the DC build of component one. Now add the DC one to DC two in used DCs. After this process DC's component should become available to you for adding to "Web Dynpro components".

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the window and select Embed Interface View

Regards

Ayyapparaj