cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying HR SAR file

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to ask how others apply HR SAR file in their SAP landscape.

In some OSS notes, SAP does indicates that the SAR file is to be imported into Client 000 only and sometimes they don't. My HR developer claimed that a SAR file might contains table changes that can be migrated to client 000 only however the SAR file might also contain the config changes that he would want it to be migrated to customer clients. When we migrated this SAR file to client 000, system, is happy, when comes to migrating it to customer clients, obviously it will return an error and HR developer is happy as the config changes would be in customer client, he regards that the error is normal and accepted it. As a Basis person, it doesn't sound right to me. If the SAR file contains table changes that can only go into Client 000, it shoudn't include config changes or other changes that can go into other clients as well. SAP should separate them,

shouldn't they?

Can someone enhance my knowledge on this? I am getting confused over this HR SAR file implementation.

Points will be awarded for helpful and insightful views.

Regards,

Annie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Annie,

One question here. What do you mean by configuratio changes?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My HR developer is not around thus I can't ask but I guess he refers to those HR configuration in txn SPRO or IMG.

He did mentioned about SAP Scripts which I believe they belongs to workbench requests. Is there any HR thing that requires special care? I only know Customizing and Workbench requests which are client-dependent and client-independent, very straight-forward.

Edited by: Annie Chan on Apr 9, 2008 5:09 PM