cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting from Top Level WBSE to AUC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am facing problem in doing settlement from Top level WBSE to AUC. I feel I have done the required settings. I am not able to generate settlement rule for the top level WBSE. Please help me out. I would appreciate some screen-shot help from anyone.

regards

Pratap.V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do check the asset class master data (OAOA transaction) and check if it is configured as below:

Status of AuC: Marked as "Investment measure"

Lock staus: Asset class is blocked is not ticked

Regards

Subhrajyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Captain Caveman: I want the settlement from the top level WBSE to AUC get generated automatically. My Top level WBSE has an Investment profile. AUC is created automatically only. Since the settlement rule did not get generated automatically, I tried to set the rule manually. Still the system is not allowing me to do. Top level WBSE is acc assigned.

Steve: In my settlement profile, I have given the default object type as FXA.

Subhrajyoti: I have checked the asset class. The asset is not blocked. Also the status of AuCi s set right.

Thanks guys for your replies. I will do the whole process again.

I will check and let you know the results today itself.

thanks

Pratap.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pratap,

I had similar error message when i tried to same as you did first time.

Then i realized that, we dont need to enter a settlement rule for level 1 WBS with entries FXA, AuC # generated.

If you have costs on lower level (level 2 and on) WBS elements, and those costs are being settled to indirectly to level 1 WBS, run CJ88. Check mark 'by hierarchy' and automatic is selected then costs will move to AuC. After you execute the transaction sucessfully, go to CJ20N and look at level 1 WBS elements settlement rule, you can see it there.

Please try this and let me know.

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok now that I understand where you are at and that the AUC has been created automatically

I would agree with the comment above

I can't remember which way round it is....you can check!!!

But either the creation of the AUC settlement rule or the creation of the Fixed Asset Settlement rule is generated ONLY at the point of first settlement

The other if I remember correcty (probably fixed asset is created manually)

So if you run settlement it should generate the settlement rule and SETC as mentioned in above

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

This thread is an old one. Sorry for the delay in testing your advice. I did you what you told and things are working fine. Thank you very much.

regards

Pratap.V

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Assign settlement rule strategy( WBS)_ to ur project profile which is having investment profile. the stratregy having settlement profile( default obj- FXA)

and then run CJ88

the settlement rule will be automatically created for WBS to AUC settlement type AUC

try and revert back

regards

KP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As AuC is getting automatically created on project creation , I guess Investment profile should not be having a problem. But yes, settlement profile can be checked to see whether it allows settlement to AuC or not.Please also check if the asset class under which the asset got created is blocked for posting or not.

Regards

Subhrajyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..Please check in the Controlling tab of the project profile that you have used, if the Statistical indicator has been ticked. If that is ticked the WBSE will be a statistical WBS which cannot be settled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhrajyoti,

The statistical indiactor is not ticked.

regards

Pratap.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether account assignment indicator is ticked for the WBS element.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

The indicator is ticked.

regards

Pratap.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you defined Settment startegy to the Project profile with required settings. Automatic settlement rule will be generated based on that.

In the settlement startegy, define settlement profile & account assignment category.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Under the "20-Overhead Project" strategy, for acc assignment elements, I have given the settlement profile and acc assgt cat as "4". I have assigned this to the particular project profile.

This setting was already done. Still no settlement rule is generated.

When the AUC gets created, do I need to maintain any data in AUC which can solve this problem?

regards

Pratap.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the account assignment is 4 for the settlement strategy, then account assignment receiver object will copy from superior Object. Have you defined any recevier Cost object i.e. AUC in your case ?

Once the receover cost object will be defined then only Automatica settlement rule will be generated.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

AUC gets generated automatically once I create the project. I think I do not have a problem there.

When I try to create the settlement rule for the top level WBSE manually through CJ20N, I put the category as "FXA" and the settlement receiver as the AUC number that was generated. Then the system gives a error message saying "You cannot post to asset 3000009 0 (investment support measure)". 3000009 0 is the AUC number.

regards

Pratap.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess there could be problem with your Asset Master. Can you check complete details of Asset master such as deactivation or block.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

1)No blocking is done in asset class configuration.

2)In the asset class config, what should be the scr. layout rule? (T.Code-OAOA)

3)What should be the "status of AuC" in the asset class config? (T.Code-OAOA)

regards,

V.Pratap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry...I'm a little confused...

Are you saying that the Settlement Rule should on the top level WBS element should be generated automatically?

Does your top level WBS element have an Investment Profile or not?

Or are you saying you are have manually created an AUC and are now trying to enter the settlement rule manually.

I assume the WBS element is Account Assigned.

What exactly are you entering in the Settlement rule?

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also what is the error no you are getting?

And does your settlement profile allows for settlement to AUC's and Fixed Assets?

Steve