cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

503 Service Unavailable, Dispatcher running, but no server connected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My j2ee_admin was locked due to wrong inputs in password. So I was following "help.sap.com" and changed the UME properties. I tried loogin into Visual admin using sap* user that i have activated and i tried logging using Visual Admin and i got the following error.

Unable to Logon to Local Host

"End of Stream is reached unexpectedly during input from socket[addr=/10.1.1.13,port=50004,localport=3764].

Then restarted my J2EE Server Instance via SAPMMC. I could see my J2EE server running.I didnot change anything else via the Config Tool.

When i try to access it via the URL "http://10.1.1.13:50000/index.html", i get the following error.

<b>503 Service Unavailable.

Dispatcher running, but no server connected!</b>

Then i tried to logon to the J2EE Visual Administrator and i get the following error.

Unable to Logon to Local Host

"End of Stream is reached unexpectedly during input from socket[addr=/10.1.1.13,port=50004,localport=3764].

Cheers,

Siva Maranani.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

Check this thread,

cheers

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

I have already cheked that thread.

The solution mentioned there did not help me out.

anyhow thankx for your reply.

Cheers,

Siva Maranani

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Siva,

Try to restart the server and check if all the deploy service applications (com.sap.aii.*) are up and running.

These services may go down if there is lack of memory and may not come up even after restart. but after restart you may be able to log into visual admin. Try to log into visual admin and bring the deploy service applications up.

Best Regards,

Felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thqnkx for your inputs. But nothing worked.

While looking at the logs(std_server0.out), i found the following error.

Service com.sap.security.core.ume.service started. (3890 ms).

service security ================= ERROR =================

Core service security failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.SecurityServiceException:

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseSecurityException: Anonymous principal not configured

Caused by: com.sap.security.core.server.userstore.UserstoreException: Could not get user Guest

Caused by: com.sap.security.api.NoSuchUserAccountException: USER_AUTH_FAILED: User account for logonid "Guest" not found!

Hope somebody can help me out.

Cheers,

Siva Maranani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

1. which SP level are you on??

2. Was XI working fine and suddenly you noticed the issue

or did you apply some note??

3. Did you do a hard restart of you XI server

Also take a look at this document

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/de/64/351941edd5ef23e10000000a155106/content.htm

which specifically talks about your problem.

cheers,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

>>1. which SP level are you on??

SP13

>>2. Was XI working fine and suddenly you noticed the issue or did you apply some note??

XI was workign perfectly. When i tried accessing Visaul Admin, i found j2ee_admin was locked so tried to unlock j2ee_admin usign configtool and activating sap*. After that the server did not come up.

Anyhow thanx for your link. I will look at that.

Cheers,

Siva Maranani

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey siva,

did u find any dev over this i am in same point ,

Vara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Restart your server node and that should fix the problem you are having.

cheers,

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This basically indicates to me that your server is down. There are two nodes that you need to be concerned with, the dispatcher node which takes care of dispatching requests to the nodes in a clustered environment, and the actual server node (or nodes if it is clustered), which does all the 'real' processing of the request. It seems that the server node is not running, which is also why you can't login. The dispatcher is up and running, but no server is connected to it so it isn't able to pass off the login request. It reports this error with the message that you see.

Please try restarting your server node. Hopefully that will resolve the issue.

Cheers,

Steve

-

If you find a post useful, please help keep the community going by setting a good example and rewarding the poster with points.