cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk with External Help Desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have configured Service Desk to allow users from satellite system (R3) to send messages to service desk in solution manager. Now if we need to send that message to external help desk like Remedy or HP Open View, how can we configure that in solution manager ? Is there any documented procedure available for that as a blog in sdn or in sap sites ?

Thanks,

Murali.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since no answers came exactly, closing this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hope this post can be reopened. I have the same task. I made the following steps:

- Release Web Service (solman server)

- Create logical port (solman server)

- Create http Connection (for external SD)

I don't understand the usage of Configure Interface to Solution Manager Service Desk step.

What was Your problem?

Regards,

Gusztá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Murali,

Although there is an certified SAP/HP interface to help this integration, I did not find any detailed documentation on how to configure this interface.

There are IMG nodes in solution manager under "connecting an external service desk"

There we developed our own custom interface to support the integration

-Thank you

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, you mean to say the IMG config can be used for connecting with HP openview external help desk or custom integration means something of your own external help desk kind of thing ?

Thanks,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ravi,

Can you please let me know in details how you ppl did the custom integration ? Is it through XI/PI or directly using proxies. We have an urgent requirement to integrate it with the external sevice desk.

Thanks,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Has anybody had experience on my question, if so kindly answer

Thanks