cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem In Deployement while working with MDM Java API?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am working on MDM java API's (version : 5.5.42.106) and i have written code to connect to MDM server to get the data, But when i am trying to deploy the application in Tomcat Server and when i start to execute it is showing protocol error and showing Error Message as unable to deploy or Run. why this error is showing?

Can any one please tell me, how to increase virtual memory of IDE(NWDS) ?

if any one have solution for this please help me out.

Thanks

C.Bharat

Edited by: bharat chinthapatla on Apr 9, 2008 8:14 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Even i got similar error and i tried deleting the below(Attaching the stack trace is always better way.)

1) delete the folder ‘workspace’ or rename(including all files and subfolders) in the path D:\Documents and Settings\lzcr8r\Documents\SAP\workspace

2) delete all .dtr/.dtc/.metadata directories in your personal folder (e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\lzcr8r).

Restart the IDE once you are done with the above steps.

Second part to increase the virtual mem

1) RtClick on the Shortcut of NWDS -->Properties and in the Target put the below

"C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\SapIde.exe" -vmargs -Xms512m -Xmx1536m "C:\j2sdk1.4.2_08\bin\javaw.exe"

2) You can also try Creating a bat file with the complete path of your IDE and start your ide from the bat

content in the bat eg: "C:\Program Files\netbeans-4.1\bin\netbeans.exe" -vmargs -Xms512m -Xmx1536m

Here -Xms512m is the min JVM size and -Xmx1024m is the max JVM size.

You can place this batch file anywhere and double click the batch file.

It will automatically start your IDE

3) if you are using Tomcat you can try creating an env variable and assign Value

Variable Name: CATALINA_OPTS

Variable Value: -server -Xmx800m

please award points if usefull.

Regards

Souza

Edited by: Souza Aluri on Apr 9, 2008 9:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Souza,

Deleting metadata folder really helped, I will try the stated steps for increasing VM.

Thanks

C.Bharat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

As you are getting deployment error, so it has nothing to do with your code, you have to check it with deployement properities file; that is the deployement xml file; and please do even check wether tomact is up and running...

Cheers & Regards,

Cherry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

Few things would like to ask

1. Is this error occurs only when you are running MDM code?

2..You have deployed all the required files(SCAs) properly on your server?

For case 2 you can verify it by creating the standard iviews and just check whether your server is able to connect to your MDM server.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja