cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager/Change Req. Mgmt. - Change document error

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I create a change document from a notification service and then approve it, at the moment to put it on "In development" it is not possible because of this error: "No maintenance cycle is open for the current system".

I've completed all the IMG activities under:

SAP Solution Manager->Basic Settings

SAP Solution Manager->Scenario Specific Settings->Change Request Management

Solution Manager Service Pack Stack is 9

Satellite Systems are 56

This issue occurs only when I create a change document from a service notification, directly on solution manager system or from a satellite system.

Any idea why is this happening or what customizing I'm missing??

Thanks.

Gustav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create an IMG project manually in the system. To do this, go to: SAP Menu -> Tools -> Solution Manager -> Project Administration.

Select the SMI project, go to the 'System Landscape' tab, and then the 'IMG Projects' tab.

Select an entry for the system and try to create the IMG project. The system tells you that a system of the same name already exists, and asks you whether you want to choose another project name. Answer 'Yes', and change the project name.

You should now be able to create the task list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether the user with which you are trying to put the change document into developement has the required authorization in the development satellite system for loging onto the developement satellite system remotely using trusted RFC and also check if the user has authorization for creating transport requests and tasks in the development satellite system.

Simplest way you can give the user in development satellite system SAP_ALL and authorization object S_RFCACL.

Retry puting the change document into development after assigning the required authorization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gustavo,

I am still in the same problem, could you find a solution for your problem?

Thanks.

Youssef

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gustovo,

obviously you have to create a maintenance cycle. if you are running SolMan 4.0 you have to activate Change Request Managment integration in custo and then create a project cycle in a maintenance project on the extra tab under system landscape.

kr,

Oliver

former_member322647
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gustovo,

I agree Oliver. What happens in the tool. You have created a service desk ticket. To this ticket a iBase is assigned. Now the tool checks if there is an active cycle where the ibase (logical system)is the productive system. So now we have to check if you have an active cycle. Go to TA /n/tmwflow/cmsconf, there find in the menu environment the entry scheduling. Select then the Main. Cycle tab. Select the button status and select all status values. Now you see all cycles for maintenance projects. If you have created a cycle for an other project type select the according tab.

So back to the problem. Now we have to check if there is a cycle with the status icon "yellow Exclamation mark" if yes then check if the productive system is the same system you create a service desk message for.

If there is no "yellow Exclamation mark " but a "white sheet" navigate into the cycle by clicking on the cycle ID e.g. M000000001 then select the status icon, you will get one option to "activate" the cycle.

I hope that your problem is one of these

Regards,

uDo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udo,

I am having issues with setting up Change Req. Mgmt and the TMS for the same.Can you help ?

Thanks,

Anil Santhapuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Udo,

When i open the tab Maintenance cycles, i have no cycle in the grid.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open the transaction /n/tmwflow/cmsconf. press F7 or goto Environment --> Scheduling

go to maintainance cycle tab page.

In the maintenance cycle group box, click on the status button. Select all the statuses

viz: Created, locked, Active, Completed.

If you have created a maintenance cycle you will get it listed here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gustavo,

ihave the same problem in the configuration of change request management 4.0.

Did you have find a solution which allows you to follow up the process till the end of the change request?

Thanks