cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I've gone thru the weblog /people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies which explains how to activate proxies……my questions are

1.First we need to create an RFC destination in order to communicate with XI. While creating RFC Destination the connection type is specified as ‘H’ instead of 3 why?

2.In the Target host field do we need to specify XI system name?

3.wht is service number?

4.wht does path prefix represents?

pts will b rewarded

Thanks in advance

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

>>1.First we need to create an RFC destination in order to communicate with XI. While creating RFC Destination the connection type is specified as ‘H’ instead of 3 why?

Type H.

ex1) when we need to send xml messages from an SAP system to any other system, we need this.

For example when we send messages using proxy from SAP system to the integration engine of XI, we

need type H.

>>2.In the Target host field do we need to specify XI system name?

Yep

>>3.wht is service number?

This is HTTP Port Number which starts with 8000

>>4.wht does path prefix represents?

This is Entry to IS

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx alot...............i treat u as my guru coz i've learn alot of concepts from u. God bless u............and really u deserve the pts.........

Thanks Once

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i've a small doubt in this weblog /people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies the author is explaining abt outbound proxy. wht abt inbound proxy do we need to perform the same configuration on R/3 as we did in outbound proxy.....if yes then how this can b achieve since in inbound proxy R/3 is at recieving side. do we need to perform all these configuartion at XI or on R/3............

Cheers

FAisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Yep, we have to perform the same config whether it is Outbound proxy or Inbound proxy

Regards

Seshagiri

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The configuration setting is same for inbound and out bound proxy.

in case of in bound proxy, u have to write your ABAP code under method( check the class in Se24).

where u need to use XI adapter to communicate to ECC.

in case of outbound proxy, you have write ABAP program in se38.

where adapter in not required to communicate ECC.

this is the best way of communication from performance point of view.

warm regards

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx

Answers (0)