cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of SAP xMII & PI sheets

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know the best method for integration of xMII & PI(Process Integration) sheets. The following are the two approaches:

1) Popoulate MES data from xMII to PI sheets(calling the Query templates as URL from PI sheets)

2) Download PI sheets to xMII and display the data in xMII screen. Populate the data from MES to xMII. Confirmation to ERP after completion.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess the question is not what method's the best but what the enterprise is leaning towards - Does an enterprise look @ MII as the Shop Floor View , thus shielding an operator from SAP ERP GUI (which sometimes people on the shop floor might find quite complicated), in which case one would take the second approach OR do they view MII just as an integration tool running some processes behind the scenes, in which case the first approach would be appropriate.

From a technical prespective I think the first approach would be much simpler (in terms of the MII work) as it might involve just writing a few BL transactions after which the onus would be on the ERP side to trigger these.

Hope this is helpful.