Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete DCs from Assembly queue

srinivas_dasari2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We successfully deployed our software component SC1 (three DCs: DC1, DC2 and DC3) into Development and Consolidation Systems.

Assembly showing total DCs, 3/0 (change request/new components)

But one of our DC (DC2) had some issue i.e bad DC, then we corrected DC2 and imported again into Dev and CONS systems.

Now Assembly showing total DCs 4/0.

1. Currently, Assembly queue showing SC1 with 4 DCs which includes invalid DC

I have a question on Assembly. So, do I need to delete invalid DC from Assembly queue prior to perform Assembly?

2. But I haven't seen any option to select valid DCs or delete bad DCs.

Please suggest me, if there is some solution.

3. If 1 or 2 not possible,

I thought I should need to perform following steps: Please correct me, if I am wrong.

Un deploys all DCs from Dev and Consolidation runtime systems.

Create New track and SC and copy all old track contents to new track.

Re deploy track contained DCs into Dev and CONS systems.

'

Also Can you please explain me step by step process to copy track contained DCs from old track to new one?

Please suggest me the best way to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you see in the Consolidation and Assembly queues are not DCs but Transports (which can contain updates to multiple DCs of one SC). If you've fixed an erroneous transport in a subsequent transport you can assemble them without any problem. All that Assembly does is take the latest build results from the Cons active workspace to build an SCA for the SC selected in the dropdown of the Assembly tab. So, there's no need for the doom scenario that you suggest.

Edited by: Pascal Willemsen on Apr 9, 2008 9:12 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member365727
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can complete the assembly with 4 DC's.

Lets reconsider your example. Considering that you have completed the assembly of 3 Dc's(including invalid DC) and moved to Test.

Now you are doing a code fix for DC2 and moved to assembly. In the assembly tab you will see only one DC now. If you are moving the assembled DC(Code fix) to Test, it will overwrite the Invalid DC existing in Test and does the correction.

Above scenario is same as assembling all the 4 DC's at a time.

Regards

Srikanth KV