Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to lock a client ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

anyone knows how to lock a client ?

i am updating support package in DEV systems in client 000 and don't want users from other clients to login and interrupt the process, instead of going in to each client to lock all the users IDs, how can i just lock a client ?

>>>>> useful comments are rewarded with points <<<<<<

Thanks.

Regards,

Kent

Environment:

NW 2004S SR2 (Kernel 7.00 for OS/400)

ERP 2005 SR2 (ECC6)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To lock or unlock a client only in an in R/3 System, run the following functions via tcode SE37:

1. SSCR_LOCK_CLIENT

2. SSCR_UNLOCK_CLIENT

Kind Regards,

Vamsi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

Both modules don't exist in my system.

Regards,

Kent

Environment:

ERP 2005 SR2 (ECC6)

jochen_rundholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

sccr instead of sscr.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I too checked the function modules there is no fm with that name. You can just put a system message in sm02 that your need downtime and ask the users to loggoff.Else you can lock the user in mass in su10.

If you want to lock the cleint worst case is just remove the entry in scc4.It doesnot delete the client but it will avoid the user to login even you can also not login into that client.

But I dont suggest you to delete the client entry in the production environment.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kent ,

Why don't you lock it from OS level?

>TP LOCKSYS <SID> <client nr>pf=<usr/.../tp_domain.pfl>

for unlocking

cmd>TP UNLOCKSYS <SID> <client nr> pf=<usr../tp_domain.pfl>

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

To lock or unlock a client in R/3 System, run the following function modules in transaction se37

1. SCCR_LOCK_CLIENT ( to lock the client)

2. SCCR_UNLOCK_CLIENT (to unlock the client)

Run these functions with a client input which is to be locked/unlocked. This function set flag '' Client is locked temporarily for client copy" in client maintenance menu.The client will be available for users DDIC and SAP*. If any other user tries to login, system gives message that ' Client locked temporarily'.

To unlock the client

1. Run transaction SE37

2. Enter the function module as SCCR_UNLOCK_CLIENT

3. press F8 or test run (single run).

4. Specify the client and execute(F8).

Pls reward pts if find it useful.

Regards,

Prashant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

I have checked in my system ....its working.

You can also follow the method suggested by Mr. Hari,its also correct.

Regards,

Prashant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hari,

your solution is perfectly correct ,we checked it in our system .can you pls tell us the same thing according to my senario(I suppose you got my point).

Thanks

Jibin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jibin,

I got it, pl. check your mail box.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hari,

Thanks for your advice and concern.

The reason why i don't opt for the option of locking the whole system is because in my system, one instance has few clients differentiated by their business areas.

For example, out of the few clients i have one of it is a client for HR payroll system. So when I import support package for SAP_HR component, I don't allow HR users to login to interrupt the import process but I am still letting other users from other clients to login despite the risk of these non-HR users impacting the SAP_HR import.

After locking the system or the client, we only have SAP* or DDIC access, that means we should only use either of these IDs to perform the import ? Which one should be the best ID to be used ?

Because normally I just use my own ID which has SUPER privilege same as SAP* or DDIC.

Regards,

Kent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

It's better lock the entire system than locking only specific clients. If you want apply HR patch there will be some dependent patches of ABAP and Basis, so you can't allow different users to login while applying patches.

I suggest you can go a head with DDIC.

Regards,

Hari.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run the following function modules in transaction se37

SCCR_LOCK_CLIENT ( to lock the client)

SCCR_UNLOCK_CLIENT (to unlock the client)

For your requirment you can lock all the users in system using SU01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if SSCR_LOCK_CLIENT does not exit

den using scc4 u can lock/unlock the client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

What I suggest you is lock the entire system instead of each client. For lock ing the system follow this

cmd>TP LOCKSYS <SID> pf=<usr/sap/.../tp_domain.pfl>

for unlocking

cmd>TP UNLOCKSYS <SID> pf=<usr/sap/.../tp_domain.pfl>

With this lock only DDIC/SAP* can login to any client when system is in Lock mode.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

To lock or unlock a client in R/3 System, run the following function modules in transaction se37

1. SSCR_LOCK_CLIENT ( to lock the client)

2. SSCR_UNLOCK_CLIENT (to unlock the client)

Run these functions with a client input which is to be locked/unlocked. This function set flag '' Client is locked temporarily for client copy" in client maintenance menu.The client will be available for users DDIC and SAP*. If any other user tries to login, system gives message that ' Client locked temporarily'.

To unlock the client

1. Run transaction SE37

2. Enter the function module as SSCR_UNLOCK_CLIENT

3. press F8 or test run (single run).

4. Specify the client and execute(F8).

Pls reward pts if find it useful.

Regards,

Prashant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

When pressing F8 in SE37 with the function module, it says the function module doesn't exist.

I have tried both function module, both also don't exist.

Regards,

Kent

Environment:

ERP 2005 SR2 (ECC6)