cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement type is different in WM and IM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

We do mb1b for 322 movement. But when TO created, it seems the movement in WM is 312 , So it will choose another print code and form to print output.

How could the movement type is differnt in IM and WM? where to set this ?

Thanks

ALice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alice,

I think you need to understand exactly what is happening in IM and WM.

If you do an IM movement 322 (from Unr to Quality), WM has to follow.

In WM the change will take place in Interim Storage Type 922 TR-ZONE.

This means that first the Unr.material has to be moved from a bin to 922 TR-ZONE and later the QI material has to be moved from 922 TR-ZONE back to the same bin.

So the IM 322 movement type has 3 references in the IMG

menu path LE > WM > Interfaces > Inventory Management > Define movement types > Assign WM Movement Type References to IM Movement Types

One is 398, one is 399 and one is 322.

These reference movement types each have a movement type in WM.

IMG

menu path LE > WM > Interfaces > Inventory Management > Define movement types > LE-WM Interface to Inventory Management

Reference movement type 398 has WM movement type 312

Reference movement type 399 has WM movement type 311

Reference movement type 322 has WM movement type 321.

WM movement type 312 is the movement to move the material from the interim storage type to the bin

WM movement type 311 is the movement to move the material from the bin to the interim storage type

WM movement type 321 is the movement to move the material from the interim storage type to the interim storage type doing the change.

I hope the exact (SAP)process is clearer now and that this explanation helps to assign the right printcode to the correct movement type.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Frank. I was trying to understand this, but could not make head an tail, Now I get an idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alice

In the IMG use menu path LE > WM > Interfaces > Inventory Management > Define movement types.

Line one will show you the IM - WM reference movement types

The second line allows you to set these up

They can be changed

Frenchy

NB

I think that you have had the answer to your question. I am trying to get people to keep the forum tidy. If you have what you require could you award you points if you want to and mark your question as answered.

This helps everybody as there are at the moment 48 pages of open questions and if people do not close them the forum will grow and then people like me will not go through all of the pages as it takes too long and some people will not get answers to their questions.

Thank you

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI experts

I try to look for the IM and wm movment type linkage in WM interface. But I don't find it.

Now we do mb1b 322 movement, in mb03, I could see WM detial, movement type is 311 and storage type as 921. So in OMLV, I check 311 movement , in TO, its print code is 01, So it seems it use 311 movement . since in omlv, it se 322 movement for 31 print code.

Where I could identify if we do mb1b 322, in WM , it will use 921 movement or 311 movement type?

Since we need modify form, I hope to confirm if it's standard WM function? Or In WM, it call wrong movement type ?

Thanks

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Now we do mb1b 322, in wm, it will choose 312 /311 movement, So we wonder if it's wrong?

Since we create form for 322 movement type , in omlv ,its print code is 31. if it use 311/312, the print code will be 01, another form need be used.

So we hope to clarify .

Thanks

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

Thanks for your help. IN that confgiure, I don't see 312 is linked to 322 movement. Now we do mb1b ,if it's one locaiton is WM , another is IM , it will create TO , movement as 311/312 and storage type as 921.

How WM configure this ?

Thanks

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alice,

Can you please be more specific in your requirement.

921 is an interim storage bin which acts as a bridge between IM and WM

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALice,

May be the reference movement type for 322 is 312 in your configuration. Kindly check the configuration.

SPRO - Logistics Execution >Warehouse Management>Interfaces>Movement Types>Assign WM Movement Type References to IM Movement Types

Regards

Krishna