cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting revenues to WBS element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.My present client has a requirement of posting revenues to project/WBS (billing element) from internal orders. It is a 2 stage requirement. In first stage a customer invoice would update an internal order with the billed amount. In second stage the internal order needs to update a G/L account and a project with the billed amount as revenue.I have been able to succesfully do the posting from invoice itself to the internal order and the G/L account required.However when I give a WBS element also in the invoice to be updated with the amount a message comes "You can update only one real receiver ....which can be an order, cost ctr, wbs.... I have also tried settling the internal order to the WBS element but it hasnt worked...I checked it through Revenue-Plan/Actual/Variance report...Can anyone please let me know as to how I get the revenue posted to the WBS from the internal order??..It is very urgent...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For revenue posting there can be one Cost object i.e. internal order / WBSE etc. I think you can settle internal Order to WBSE so that revenue will flow from Internal order to WBSE. Can you explain in details the exact issue during settlemnt of Order to WBSE. Before doing settlemnt check the following details.

1. Settlement Profile of Order

2. Allocation Structure & Source Structure

3. Proper Cost Element assignment

One more thing whenever WBSE is there Internal Order is n't required. Is internal Order required as per your business proces.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh. Thanks for the response. The present situation is , Client is doing entire project creation and planning in an external system called GASS , where customer invoices are also created The invoice amount for these are transferred to internal orders in SAP R/3 through one of the interface transfer mechanisms. Now the client wants to do the entire project structuring, planning postings etc in R/3 itself. I was through with the structuring and posting from invoice to internal order and G/L account but was getting stuck in posting to the WBS elemnt that I had classified as revenue element.

Anyways , your views regarding posting to anyone of the receivers is correct. I found a solution to the problem without involving settlement. I have put the WBSE as an assignment element in internal order itself. In that way when the amount is updated to the internal order, it is getting updated as revenue to the associated WBSE as well.That solves my problem.

Answers (0)